Role Playing Sanctuary
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragonborn

2 posters

Go down

Dragonborn Empty Dragonborn

Post  Len Kagamine Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:22 pm

Every century, a few chosen humans with a strange symbol on the back of their hands are born. It's the symbol of a Dragonborn, a being who has the power to learn the words of old, and harness their powers. But they are not born without a reason, for every century, a powerful demon called the Archdemon is reincarnated into a new form. It's ultimate goal is to spread chaos and death across the land, and the people of the world have come to rely on the powers of the chosen Dragonborn to save them.

Though Dragonborns are chosen at birth, the symbols indicating that they are Dragonborn do not always appear right at the beginning. Some may wake up one day at the age of 7, or 18, or 34 and find that the ancient symbol of the Dragon born has been etched into their skin.

It is a Dragonborns duty, once they are aware that they are one, to travel to three different shrines across the world, and collect the words of wisdom that unlock the powers they need to kill the Archdemon.
Len Kagamine
Len Kagamine

Back to top Go down

Dragonborn Empty Lark Maharin

Post  Len Kagamine Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:00 pm

Lark dashed through the forest. Of all the creatures that could have spotted him it had to be a wyrm.
Len Kagamine
Len Kagamine

Back to top Go down

Dragonborn Empty Fyre

Post  Merolg Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:16 pm

Awoken by a crash of wood, Fyre opened his eyes blearily. He stretched and yawned, careful not to fall off of the tree branch he was perched on.

The moment that he saw the wyrm, his heart instantly started to pound, then it began to beat harder when he saw that the wyrm was chasing someone.

He grumbled, "Always first thing in the bloody morning..." Standing up, he began jumping from tree branch to tree branch, catching up with the wyrm and it's prey.

The sun glinted off of it's scarlet scales, Fyre grinned, Hey, a fire wyrm! Maybe I won't have to kill this one.

Quickening his step, he burst from the tree canopy, almost flew through the air and landed on the wyrm's back. It roared in response and tried to crane it's neck to strike at him. It wheeled up into the air and tried to shake him off.

Fyre shook his head and looked down at the person that the wyrm was chasing, "You might want to hide!" He called out.

Clicking his fingers, he summoned a burst of flame to his palm, leaning forwards, he traced the wyrm's jawline with the orange flames. It stopped fighting him and seemed to relax, "Gentle, gentle now friend. Now down to the ground, slowly now." He whispered in the wyrm's ear. It followed his instructions well, slowly gliding down to the ground as Fyre continued the motions.

Now on the ground, he leaped off while continuing the motion. With his other hand, he rubbed the wyrm's scales along it's snout. It made a strange sound similar to purring.
Merolg
Merolg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Len Kagamine Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:27 pm

Lark caught his breath and cautiously approached. He flicked his tail, the gold band glittering in the sun.
Len Kagamine
Len Kagamine

Back to top Go down

Dragonborn Empty Fyre

Post  Merolg Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:36 pm

The wyrm flicking it's own tail, Fyre shushed the reptile, "Are you okay?" He asked the person.

((He has no ideas about Merbs))
Merolg
Merolg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Len Kagamine Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:49 pm

Lark slowly nodded and asked "how did you... do that?"
Len Kagamine
Len Kagamine

Back to top Go down

Dragonborn Empty Fyre

Post  Merolg Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:58 pm

"I can only manage this with fire wyrms, I have a...special connection with them to say the least."

Turning to the wyrm, he looked at it in the eye, "If you're hungry, there's a herd of wild deer that way." He pointed off to the west, through the forest. The wyrm's eyelid made a 'snick' sound, the sign that it had understood him. Taking his hand away, the wyrm lifted off and flew off to the west. Fyre chuckled as he slipped his hands into his pockets, "I guess that wyrm was hungry after all." He smiled and shook his head.

Turning back to the person he had managed to rescue, "I'm Fyre." He extended his right hand with a smile, the light glinted off of the Mark of the Dragon that sat in the middle of the back of his hand.
Merolg
Merolg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Len Kagamine Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:03 pm

Lark looked between the outstretched hand and Fyre's eyes. He shrunk back a bit and said "I-I don't shake"
Len Kagamine
Len Kagamine

Back to top Go down

Dragonborn Empty Fyre

Post  Merolg Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:05 pm

Fyre looked down at his hand and quickly snatched it back, "Ah, right. Sorry. I didn't know. I haven't...well, this is really my first time out in the world that wasn't my kind's hideaway in the mountains." Fyre chuckled nervously.
Merolg
Merolg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Len Kagamine Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:15 pm

"Right," Lark replied "well, I'm merbian so... well... h-have you been to any cities?"
Len Kagamine
Len Kagamine

Back to top Go down

Dragonborn Empty Fyre

Post  Merolg Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:32 am

"Only one, nearly burnt it to the ground when someone angered me too much. Apparently, the people there aren't actually very fond of Dragonborns...or Mancers for that matter." Fyre chuckled nervously.

In the distance he could hear the triumphant bugle of the wyrm, having caught enough deer to quell it's hunger.
Merolg
Merolg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Len Kagamine Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:40 pm

Lark chuckled nervously and said "well then no doubt you saw a lot of my kind"
Len Kagamine
Len Kagamine

Back to top Go down

Dragonborn Empty Fyre

Post  Merolg Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:57 pm

Fyre chuckled in response, not getting the potential sarcasm, if there was any, "No, not quite. We Mancers have been holed up in the mountains for generations."
Merolg
Merolg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Len Kagamine Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:43 pm

Lark smacked his face and said "I meant in the city. My kind are always scurrying about to serve their masters. These days only the homeless don't own one of us"
Len Kagamine
Len Kagamine

Back to top Go down

Dragonborn Empty Fyre

Post  Merolg Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:49 pm

Fyre crossed his arms and thought back to the one town, "I...don't think so. Then again, I wasn't looking, at the time I was in town to buy some food. Didn't end well, like I said."
Merolg
Merolg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Len Kagamine Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:52 pm

Lark flicked his tail and sighed. Deciding to give up he shook his head and said "I-I'm not sure if I introduced myself. My name is Lark Maharin"
Len Kagamine
Len Kagamine

Back to top Go down

Dragonborn Empty Fyre

Post  Merolg Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:20 pm

"Fyre. If I have a surname, then I was never told."
Merolg
Merolg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Len Kagamine Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:35 pm

Lark's eyes darted around as he replied "Merbians aren't allowed surnames so I made my own. A Maharin is.. well... theire like The Dark Lands' version of fireflies, let's leave it at that"
Len Kagamine
Len Kagamine

Back to top Go down

Dragonborn Empty Re: Dragonborn

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down