Role Playing Sanctuary
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legends of Akena

+3
Spectre
Merolg
Xinjay
7 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

Legends of Akena Empty Legends of Akena

Post  Xinjay Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:01 am

Akena is a land of many faces. The land lives together in peace, the bad in the world all locked behind a large gate.

But the world does not live in peace for long. As everyone goes about their happy lives, the demons locked away behind that gate, that Gate of Darkness, are planning their revenge. Revenge for locking them away.

Are there any heroes out there that can stop the demons before it's too late?

Characters

Last edited by Kaoru on Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:54 am; edited 2 times in total
Xinjay
Xinjay
Admin

http://xinjay.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Legends of Akena Empty Rules

Post  Xinjay Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:11 am

-Follow my rules.

-No Cybering

-No Flaming

-No Godmodding [Starting up a new plot or adventure when there is none is fine, but other than that everyone is an equal].

-When talking OOC, find some fancy way to do it.

-I can change the rules at any time.

-Have Fun!
Xinjay
Xinjay
Admin

Back to top Go down

Legends of Akena Empty Help

Post  Xinjay Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:12 am

Akena
Akena is probably as large as half of North America.
I will add a map later on.

Fort Rankin
is in the southeast, where the humans dwell.
It's the most updated place, though there's still no light bulbs or cars. It's very busy, and quite large. There are many streets. On the main, more busy streets, there are usually shops, cafes, inns, and small houses. On the smaller, less busy streets are usually the very expensive restaurants and large houses for wealthy people.
Surrounding Fort Rankin is a large, heavy-duty stone wall. In the past, long ago, the city was attacked by demons, so they people decided to build a wall. It's currently a very safe place.

Lumenia
is the home of the angels in the northeast.
Though it's a popular spot for people to travel and sightsee, not anyone can get it.
A large gate, which can see the purity of peoples hearts, only let in, well, pure hearted people. This means demons, and Lord Zagato can't get near there. It's a safe haven. The safest place in Akena.

Lake of Gelbor
, a lake from regular eyes. Though when you take a dive underwater it's like a whole other world. Many sea creatures live down in the mysterious waters. The lake is right in between Lumenia and Melrock forest in the north.

Melrock Forest is the mysterious forest that divides Akena into two. It runs from the northern shore down to the southern shore. It's thick, and people never travel in there unless they're highly skilled at keeping themselves alive. Melrock forest is a dangerous place, for all of the deadliest creatures live in there.
The north-most part of the forest is called the Borderline, where the feline tribe lives. The domestic and civil creatures. Half human, half cat, and very protective over there territory.
In the south of the forest is where Zagato's castle is, in which used to be the kings.

Morish is the dark land.
The demons live there in the east, trapped behind a large gate of darkness. It's like the gate of light, only opposite effects. Which means only evil, cruel and sickening people can get in.
The gate of darkness was made to hold the demons in, but lately some of the demon breeds have mutated and sprouted wings.

City of Melandru holds the elves.
They welcome visitors in, and are considered the smarter species. The city is large and round. If anyone was seeking knowledge, they would come here.

Caves of Bhelrock is in the south between Fort Rankin and Melrock Forest. It's a very large cave, in which the Dragons have taken over. you see dragons flying across the plains a lot, though they always come back to their nest.

Plains cover the rest of Akena, in between the major locations. Usually very bright, and you can see nothing but lush grass for miles. It's nice having the wind in your hair, but you have to be stocked up in food. There are a few mountains as well. A lot near Morish.

Currency
The currency in Akena is in Copper, Silver and Gold.
Copper is around a dollar.
Silver is about five dollars.
Gold is around ten dollars.

So, if you were to buy a new sword.
Maybe its around, one hundred fifty dollars.
It would be fifteen gold.
Or thirty silver.
Xinjay
Xinjay
Admin

Back to top Go down

Legends of Akena Empty Abel Nightroad

Post  Xinjay Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:44 pm

The sun was already high in the sky by the time Abel finally opened his eyes. He was still tired from sparring with his trainer all night. His father wanted him to follow in his footsteps, but he wasn't cut out for this! His arms had a little muscle, and they could last through training, but the next day they would hurt like hell. He wasn't exactly weak, but he didn't have that much stamina, so he couldn't last that long. He wondered how is father could even think that Abel could live up to his high standards. Fathers pride, maybe.

He swung himself out of bed, which was quite large. Thanks to his fathers high status, he had a very luxurious life. He had fine furniture, delicious foods, maids, the whole works. People knew who he was and respected him. If he was anyone other than himself, Abel Nightroad, he would probably love his life.

He quickly got ready and dressed in his usual full-black attire. Abel had long white bangs, and short spiky hair in the back. His eyes were a dark blood red, and he had markings over his face and parts of his bodies. He didn't have anything to do, so he decided to walk around Fort Rankin. Maybe something interesting would happen, but it rarely does.
Xinjay
Xinjay
Admin

Back to top Go down

Legends of Akena Empty Xion Leingod

Post  Guest Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:32 pm

Xion made his way down the dirt roads of Akena. His hand rested on the hilt of his sword, which was sheathed and hanging safely at his side. The wind brushed past his face as he walked, blowing his dark-brown hair back. His eyes scanned the area around him, the tall unmistakable walls of Fort Rankin not so far in the distance. He was glad he was almost there; he ran out of food a few days ago, and if he didn't eat soon he was sure he would collapse. His right hand searched his pockets, feeling a few coins. He hoped it would be enough.

Not too long later, he was at the front gates of he enormous City of Men. He nodded to the guards as they opened the large wooden gate. Of course they wouldn't leave it open for just anyone. Recently there have been monsters crawling all over the place, and the city knew better than to leave the entrance wide open. He continued on his way in, this footsteps echoing as they hit solid cobblestone paths, as opposed to rough dirt. Xion had been to this city before. It was where he purchased the armor he was currently wearing. It was sturdy, hard, and though there wasn't much of it, it was efficient. He made his way to the center of the city, the market where most people set up shops. As if to remind him, his stomach let out a loud growl. He groaned, the smell of foods floating around in the air. He really needed sustinance. Now. He reached into his pocket and pulled out all of his coins. Only five copper... could that even get him anything? He looked around at the shops again. Everything was so damn expensive! His stomach let out another growl as he himself let out another groan. He wasn't going to be getting any food anytime soon.

Back to top Go down

Post  Xinjay Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:19 pm

Abel hated walking through crowded streets, especially in the afternoon. People were always up and about, and the streets of the Marketplace were always packed. He let out a sigh as he squeezed past a small group of old ladies conversing about their families or something. Couldn't they do that at home, or at least on the side of the street? His hands clenched in to fists as he started pushing through more violently, a few people gasping as they realized who exactly was walking by.

"Good afternoon, young master Nightroad!" An unfamiliar voice said to him. He turned to face an old lady, who was smiling happily at him. He smiled back, more out of politeness than actual kindness. He wasn't in the best of moods at the moment.

He turned back ahead of him, cursing quietly as he walks into someone. He was about to apologize, when he hears a loud growl. His stomach? Walking to the side of the man he bumped into, he saw him holding a few copper coins. He grabs an apple from a stand, throwing the woman coin before offering it to the man.

"Here. Sorry for bumping into you." Abel said in a kind voice, holding the red fruit out in front of him.
Xinjay
Xinjay
Admin

Back to top Go down

Legends of Akena Empty TOGDA BRIGHTSTAR

Post  Merolg Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:22 pm

Togda sat cross-legged on the top of a house, he relished the warmth of the afternoon sun of his back, he had been here for several days now. He did not want to leave, he had spent a great many years in the dark wilds of Akena. This was the first place he had felt safe for a long time.

He picked up the book that was laying in front of him and placed in the pack on his back, he had failed multiple times at the simplest of magics, that his race were supposed to be good at!

Walking over to the edge he jumped to the ground from the thirty foot height. As he hit the ground, he rolled to lessen the impact, though his foot smarted from it, it didn't bother him. He walked towards one end of the alley, as he did, he noticed a young man dressed in black, he knew who it was, young master Nightroad. Son of the famous Rankin knight. Leaning against the wall he watched the young man hand something to another young man.
Merolg
Merolg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:12 pm

Xion stumbled to regain his footing when he felt someone bump into him. He turned around to look at who exactly it was. He wasn't mad or surprised; the marketplace was packed with people, and it would probably be weird not to bump into anyone. He looked down at the white-haired male. He looked about his age, but he was shorter, and had weird red tattoos all over his skin and armor. Xion blinked in surprise when the other held out the apple to him.

"Thanks," He said in a deep voice. He took the apple offered to him with his free hand as he pocketed his coins with the other. He took a bite and relished in the feeling of food going down his throat. He'd have to get more later though, this obviously wouldn't hold him. Xion looked over the other again briefly, before averting his eyes. It was a little awkward, because he didn't want to just walk away from someone who gave him food, but he didn't really want to talk to him either (unless the other initiated it). As his eyes wandered everywhere other than the red-eyed person before him, he suddenly noticed someone off to the side. He was leaning against a wall, watching them. It was sort of creepy. He turned back to the teen in front of him, to check his reaction and see if he noticed anything odd.

(( Dude, we need some females in here. ))

Back to top Go down

Legends of Akena Empty Togda Brightstar

Post  Merolg Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:42 pm

Togda noticed the the brown haired teen looking at him, he knew that look, he often got it. He moved further into the shadows; after so many years in seclusion, he was wary of people. He could tell that they might come closer.
Merolg
Merolg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Legends of Akena Empty Nivrithi Vidala

Post  Spectre Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:07 pm

Nivrithi crouched atop city hall, scanning the streets of the city. It had been months since he had observed such a view as this, and it was simply exhilarating viewing it once more. He had clambered onto the building not long ago with ease, listening to the people gathering within. He watched the people below, scurrying about like rats, with no intention of looking up. It brought a smile to his hidden face, these poor saps wouldn't know about anyone hiding atop a building until today, for few people every did it.

As Nivrithi scanned the streets, he thought he spotted someone attempting to hide, for reasons unknown to him. He remained where he was, examining the person. The person appeared to be a male, with a shape not unlike acrobats. Nivrithi waited to see where the person would go next.
Spectre
Spectre

Back to top Go down

Post  Xinjay Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:01 am

(( I GOT L4D2 FOR CHRISTMAS! And welcome Spectre. ))

Abel shook his head slightly, maintaining his polite mask and happy aura, like he always did around others. He had to keep up a reputation. People knew him as young master Abel, proud son of the famous knight, Sir Gilbert Nightroad. He inwardly sighed, but quickly focused on the task at hand.

"No problem. I'm the one who bumped into you..." He replied, his voice getting quieter as he noticed the other seeming to get nervous or something of the sort. Abel watched him as the other look at him, and then out somewhere else, as if trying to look at anything but him. He noticed the look of his eye switch to something strange at one point, and Abel narrowed his own dark red eyes. He suddenly felt someone seeming to watch them, and he slowly turned to look over his shoulder just in time to see someone retreat further back into the shadows of an alley. He turned back to the other, giving him a look of warning and caution, before turning to walk towards the mysterious man in the alley.

"Hey," He said in a low and stern tone, hinting that he didn't want anyone messing with him, or watching him from the shadows. Even if he didn't have ill intentions, he still didn't like it. It unnerved him. "It's rude to stare."
Xinjay
Xinjay
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Spectre Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:17 pm

(Thanks, and lucky you. I'm still searching for a good deal on that one)

Nivrithi shrugged, he wasn't getting any information from his vantage point. He moved to the back of city hall, and leaped off. Before landing on the ground, he kicked off a nearby wall and landed without a sound. He walked out into the streets, ignoring the questioning looks of the citizens. He soon arrived near an alleyway that allowed him another look at the hiding figure. Now he knew where to go. He continued on his way, cutting through the street further ahead. He had switched sides of the hiding figure.

When he started looking for the alleyway the figure was in, he found that it was a one way alley, so it didn't lead to the street. He frowned, this means he'll have to climb a building again, in full view of everyone else.
Spectre
Spectre

Back to top Go down

Post  Merolg Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:16 am

Togda looked at the young master, directly in the eyes, "I am not staring, merely watching." He said in the smooth voice of the elves. But nevertheless his hand, compulsively, though slowly moved, towards the blade on his right hip, a habit borne of his many years in the wilderness.

He fought this instinct though, wrestling his hand away from the pommel. Togda moved into the light, "For the answer to the question you no doubt have; I was hiding in the shadows because, I am not one to be seen, lest the others see me."
Merolg
Merolg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Xinjay Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:30 am

The young master narrowed his eyes a little more, his hands at his sides curled into loose fists. He knew he really didn't need to march over to him and say what he did, but he couldn't help it, and it had already happened. The man had stated a point he knew was somewhat right.

"It's the same damn thing..." He mumbled to himself as he stared down at the ground. He looked back up and folded his arms across his chest.

"Tch," He finally said loud enough for the other to hear. He looked over the man, who's dark forest green cloak covered his body and shadowed his face somewhat. Abel made a mental note to see if he could get a cape later. His clothes, which consisted mostly of black leather and belts, were a little revealing.

Abel faltered for a moment, not being able to think of anything really nice and intelligent to say. He wasn't the brightest person around. "Careful yourself if you're merely watching, then. I don't deal with trouble makers very well if you catch my drift." He lifted an eyebrow at the other at this. Though it acted like a cage to him, Abel liked Fort Rankin. The people were nice, and the last thing he wanted was a suspicious looking guy causing trouble.

(( Lame post is lame. ))
Xinjay
Xinjay
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Merolg Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:54 pm

The elf looked at the young human, "Yes I understand... more than you think. I apologize." Togda walked forward into the light and removed his hood, "If i may introduce myself, master Nightroad, I am Togda Brightstar."

"I mean no trouble, though my eighty years in the wilds ill prepares me for this city." Togda said.
Merolg
Merolg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Xinjay Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:16 pm

Abel took a step back when the other took a few steps forward. He wasn't that surprised when he heard the other say his name. A lot of people knew who he was. He had his status, and his trademark red tattoos and black armor. He nodded to the other slightly, unclenching his fists. The newly-introduced Togda didn't seem like he was picking a fight, so there was no use fueling the fire.

"I suppose it's nice to meet you. As you probably already know, I'm Abel Nightroad." He brought a thumb up to point to himself as he spoke, a small smirk forming on his lips.

"Don't worry. Sorry I came out harsh." The young master placed a hand on his hip. "Eighty years huh? Lucky elves."
Xinjay
Xinjay
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Merolg Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:05 pm

"Elves are not so lucky as we seem, long lives are more curse than boon." He said. "You humans are the luckier ones, you merely have to live and not encounter the hardships we have."

Togda looked to the sky and sighed. "I am not one of the lucky elves."
Merolg
Merolg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Spectre Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:06 pm

Nivrithi had finally made his way to a rooftop without others seeing him. He was sent to this city on a job, and that job should have been taken care of earlier. He ran along the rooftops until he came closer to the tall male who seemed a little out of place. He watched from a hidden location, calmly observing and listening to the conversation between Abel and the tall one. He made a mental note of the name Togda, and moved his hand away from the small crossbow at his side, now was not the time...

He thought perhaps now would be a good time to show himself, and swung his legs over the ledge, so as to keep his heightened position, yet become a bit more noticeable. He smiled beneath his mask, knowing now he was in full view of Togda as well as Abel.

"Well, at least you're not one of the lesser known bipeds," he commented to Togda. He held his tongue from there, preferring to reply than start conversations.
Spectre
Spectre

Back to top Go down

Post  Merolg Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:58 pm

Togda looked up at the newcomer, "It's not everyday you see a halfling. Except if you have a tendency to hang around the forests..."

Against his chest, Togda could feel the small white orb that his dear mother had given him when he was only 100 years old, she had said it could sense and ward off evil. Even now it was giving off a slight heat against his skin. Something was wrong. Deathly wrong.

Last edited by Merolg on Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Merolg
Merolg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Xinjay Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:05 pm

Abel himself hadn't noticed the new arrival until he heard the other speak and saw Togda look up. The seventeen year old looked up for himself, looking at the the shadow of a rather small person. The sun made it hard to see his form clearly, and he could really only see his silhouette. He thought the person sitting on the ledge of a building was a child until he spoke. A halfling?!

"Wow! A halfling! It's my first time seeing one!" He spoke with a wide grin as if he was a child and had just seen a rare animal or something for the first time. He realized that his sentence seemed a little rude, and coughed into his fist to try and calm himself down again. Very out of character.
Xinjay
Xinjay
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:12 pm

Xion bit back words that threatened to escape his mouth as the white-haired boy turned and walked towards the creep. It was kind of dangerous walking up to some man that lurked in alleyways, but Abel seemed like he was confident enough in himself. The brunette followed him, and stood quietly behind him as the other two talked. He didn't really feel like getting to know them, because was he really ever going to see them again? He would probably be leaving soon, anyways.

The elf, now known as Togda, wasn't as suspicious looking know that he could see his face. Then again, anyone lurking in the shadows would be suspicious. He looked at his worn out clothing, stern features and intelligent looking eyes. It was obvious this elf had seen many years, and had lot's of experience and knowledge. He looked up when he heard a voice above them, and saw a halfling sitting ontop of the building beside them, his legs hanging off the side. Xion had seen halflings before, but they weren't people you expected to see often. He raised an eyebrow at the new appearance.

Back to top Go down

Post  Spectre Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:53 pm

Nivrithi laughed, "I doubt you'd have much of a chance to see my kind anywhere," he replied to Togda. "I'm a Tallfellow halfling, and I'm surprised you can tell what I am, many just think I'm nothing but a human child in all cloth." He couldn't help but wince as he heard Abel excitedly speak. He turned to the human, breathing a quiet sigh beneath his mask, "Well, whatever, I get that a lot, at least when they realize I'm not a child. You must be Abel Nightroad," he tipped his head slightly in respect.

Nivrithi hoped none of them could detect his old feelings. As he kept telling himself before, he was sent here on a job. Not just any job...but an assassination.
Spectre
Spectre

Back to top Go down

Post  Merolg Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:40 pm

Togda winced as the necklace grew increasingly warm, he never liked the heat. Though in the cold it was helpful. Evil, or more likely, harm was about to come to one of the people near him.

Something about the Tallfellow unnerved him, all that black garb... During his travels he had been captured and wounded by an assassin's guild and they all wore clothes like this one.

Assassins generally go after nobles, or people high up; the only noble here was... Abel. Togda swore from within his mind, before anyone could react, he had jumped up to where the Halfling sat, grabbed him around the, and produced a small knife from under his vest and pressed it against his neck. He whispered in his ear, "Don't you dare."
Merolg
Merolg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Spectre Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:33 pm

Nivrithi barely flinched as he was grabbed by the elf, bearing a grin underneath his mask. Thankfully, he hid his emotions, "Don't do what? Talk about halflings? Now put that knife down unless you would rather sport it in your thigh." Feeling the elf's grip loosen, he patted himself down. "Don't think I don't know about that necklace of yours, Togda. The one that senses danger, or evil, or malice or whatever the case is. Besides, a random street is never a good place for a fight, too many spectators."
Spectre
Spectre

Back to top Go down

Post  Merolg Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:40 am

Togda was taken aback, still wary, he let go of the halfling completely. Cautiously he slipped the knife back into the hidden sheath in his vest. Suddenly, seeing a flurry of motion down on the street and his sharp eyes catching sight of a pointed ear, he swore in the language of the barbarians, turned pale and an anger flared up in his chest, he knew something bad was bound to happen, and the necklace was heating up.

He looked back at the rest of them, "If for whatever reason, you have desire to find me. Abel knows the place I hide most often, he's been down that way frequently." Turning on his heel, Togda took off, running along the rooftops like a gazelle, and towards the castle.
Merolg
Merolg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Legends of Akena Empty Re: Legends of Akena

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next