Role Playing Sanctuary
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legends of Akena

+3
Spectre
Merolg
Xinjay
7 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Legends of Akena - Page 2 Empty Tala Drappa

Post  Riley Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:05 pm

Tala looked from the watch tower of Fort Rankin. Her golden hair blowing in the wind. As she looked from the tower she saw what looked like a fight below her. She started to climb down the ladder to the ground to see what was going on. When she reached them, she noticed they were human. Careful to hide who she was she asked, "Why are you fighting?" The humans looked at her. They started to back up. She thought to herself, "Why are they scared of me? I have done nothing to alarm them." She cautiosly drew her dirk, and placed her self in a defensive postion. She yelled at the humans, "Do you wish to fight me? Is that what you want?" The humans turned and ran. Tala uncrouching from her position stood up. She wondered why the humans would run from her. She decided to leave the fort. Tala thought to herself, "If I leave, perhaps the humans will not try to hurt me. Maybe if I leave, I will find a friend." She decided to leave that night. Thinking aloud, "Is there any place where I belong? Will I ever find a friend?" She looked at the darkening sky. Tears rolling down her cheeks.

Last edited by silverwolf on Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : too many spelling mistakes.)
Riley
Riley

http://www.roleplayingheaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Legends of Akena - Page 2 Empty Asura Kshara

Post  Spectre Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:06 pm

The world was black and white to him, he could not see color, at least not in this state. Asura had gone into a trance that takes advantage of his echolocation. Within that trance, he could see several things happening nearby at once. Within his trance, he spotted, well...heard, a shape that seemed less like the humans he knew all too well. He wasn't surprised when he heard the near by humans run away from the strange being, though he was definitely surprised when he heard the being walk out of Fort Rankin, right near where he was. He broke out of his trance, perhaps he could talk to the person. After all, she seemed to be looking for a friend, which was Asura's goal as well. Rather than stupidly walking up to her, he conjured a light and sound image of a humanoid wearing brown cloth with a hood over his head. This took all his concentration, of course. Now, his fake self ready, he forced the light-and-sound being to walk towards the deva. "I've often wondered the same thing," spoke the image in response to the deva's question. He calmly waited for a response, struggling to keep the conjuration as a whole.
Spectre
Spectre

Back to top Go down

Post  Riley Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:49 pm

Tala walking out of Fort Rankin, noticed a shining being. She stopped and looked at the stranger. Wondering who he was she asked, "Who are you? What are you?" She waited paitently for his response. As the sky began to darken, the stranger seemed to glow more brightly. She thought to herself, "Is he here to become my friend?" The being seemed to shift his feet. She realized she had spoken her thoughts out loud. For the short time she had been alive, she was afraid for the very first time.
Riley
Riley

Back to top Go down

Post  Spectre Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:24 pm

Asura realized his conjuration was glowing too brightly, knowing that he dimmed down the overall radiation of the mirage. "What I am is of no real importance. However, what we both seem to be, are people who won't be accepted into everyday society. You, if my information is correct, are a Deva. And I...well...everyone thinks I'm a demon, and maybe they're right."

Asura couldn't hold the shape for much longer, but he forced the conjuration to stay but a while longer. The conjuration pulled back his hood, revealing a replica of Asura's face. The conjuration then threw away it's cloak, revealing exactly what Asura wore and, in many aspects seemed exactly like Asura himself, black wings spread apart. "Kill me if you wish, for isn't that the duty of the Deva? To smite evil? But if I know the Deva, you may well know exactly what I am."
Spectre
Spectre

Back to top Go down

Legends of Akena - Page 2 Empty Togda Brightstar

Post  Merolg Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:26 pm

Togda ran lightly upon the rooftops, daring a glance back, he didn't see anyone that reminded him of an elf, but even still he kept running.

Eventually he reached the place he had hoped Abel would know about, the top of the wall around the fort. Jumping down from atop the buildings, he ran over to the ladder that was nearby. Quickly he began to climb it, reaching the top quite quickly he leaped atop one the the stone towers that were placed alongside the gate to the city. Calmly he sat down cross-legged and pulled out the magic tome once again, but he felt much too worn out to concentrate, he closed the book back up, got up and walked over to the edge and peered over the edge just in time to see a figure removing a long black cloak, revealing a set of large leathery bat wings; a demon.

Strangely the necklace was not giving off the usual searing heat it gave off around demons. Suddenly a twinge of heat coursed though it. It drew his gaze beyond the two figures, one of which he was sure was a Deva, to a looming figure less than 30 yards away from them. He recognized it as a beast he had fought twice on his travels. A Phaista, and a big one too.

He cursed his luck and jumped over the edge, stringing his bow at the same time, he let off the arrow straight into the beasts eye, it gave a mighty screech. Togda had already put the bow away and unsheathed the twin blades. He hit the ground harder then he intended to and the impact winded him quite badly.

Thankfully this kind of thing had happened before, taking several deep breaths he refilled his lungs and stood up. Holding the ornate blades in front of him he looked back quickly at the two and yelled, "Take refuge near the gates! You do not want to be around when this thing gets through those trees!" He eyed the claymore on the Deva's back, "Don't bother with that thing, you need to be fast. And don't bother demon. This thing is resistant to dark and cold. I'll deal with you later."

Togda braced himself for the battle that he knew was to come.
Merolg
Merolg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Legends of Akena - Page 2 Empty Abel Nightroad

Post  Xinjay Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:41 am

Abel had looked back down at Togda, who was eyeing the newcomer suspiciously. Before he knew it, the elf had jumped up and had a knife up to the neck of the Tallfellow. Abel couldn't hear the words that transpired between them, but soon Togda was backing off and the Tallfellow was patting himself off. He narrowed his eyes, but decided to let it pass.

Abel blinked stupidly at Togda's words before he rushed off, jumping skillfully across rooftops. Why did he suddenly...? Abel had so much he had to ask him! He raked his mind for places he frequently went to, and he could only think of a few. He looked up at the Tallfellow, and then back to the quiet Xion behind him. "I have to go."

With a nod of the head, Abel turned around and ran down the streets in the direction he saw Togda run off in. People quickly moved out of the way for him, and he quickened his pace. He may not be able to do incredible things, but he was pretty quick on his feet. The tall stone that made up the walls of Fort Rankin slowly came into view, and he soon reached the front gates of the large city. He ran into one of the guard towers, and up the flight of stairs. He burst through the door so he was now on the walls walkway, and looked around. No soldiers were out on patrol right now, strangely.

"I hope this is where he meant he'd be..." Abel mumbled to himself as he continued to scan the area. A sudden yell sounded from behind him, and he turned around, the wind blowing his snow-white hair back harshly. He ran to the edge of the wall and looked ahead, seeing two inhuman figures, and the figure that looked a lot like Togda. Behind the elf was a large... monster? What the hell was that thing? He didn't know how strong Togda was, but he didn't think he'd be able to stand up to that thing.
Xinjay
Xinjay
Admin

http://xinjay.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Legends of Akena - Page 2 Empty Nivrithi Vidala

Post  Spectre Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:49 pm

Nivrithi turned his head towards Abel, nodding in agreement to his statement. "I'll come with you, so long as you don't mind," he replied. Watching Abel run through the streets as people moved out of his way, Nivrithi knew that no one would do the same for him. So, instead of running through the streets, he hopped from rooftop to rooftop in pursuit of Abel and Togda. Even though he had been sent here to kill someone, he knew that could wait. After all, he was paid in advance.

Approaching the tower with Abel a fair distance ahead of him. He ran up the staircase without so much as a gasp for breath. Seeing the larger being, Nivrithi drew his crossbow and aimed towards it. Instinctively, however, he did not pull the trigger and instead waited for any further sign of hostility.

(Don't want to double post...so)

Asura Kshara

Asura broke from his concentration, his apparition dissapating into colored air. He stepped out of the shadows, revealing the exact same shape as he had given his apparition. Hearing the Elf's words, he spat "What makes you think that I know cold and dark powers? Besides, what makes you think I am truly a demon?" He flapped his great wings to take him into the air, and prepared a sonic strike.
Spectre
Spectre

Back to top Go down

Post  Merolg Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:55 pm

Keeping a close ear out for the creature, he turned towards the demon, "You look similar to the demons I have fought in the wild for 50 years. If you want to help, fine. Last time I fought one of these I narrowly escaped."

Suddenly the great beast burst through the tree cover, Togda bent low to the ground and thought, 'Where are the guards?'
Merolg
Merolg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Spectre Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:19 pm

Aura rolled his eyes, "Whatever. Just cause I look like one doesn't mean I am one, then again it doesn't mean I'm not one either," he replied. He was incredulous at the fact that this man had lived for more than 50 years, he barely looked 40. By now the Sonic strike he was preparing was raised to an incredible decibel, all that was left was to fire it at the incoming beast, if only he could see or hear him..
Spectre
Spectre

Back to top Go down

Post  Xinjay Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:27 pm

(( Let me seem cool for like a second, lol. ))

Abel heard someone approaching, and turned to see the Tallfellow run out. He didn't seem the least bit out of breath, unlike Abel who was panting slightly. Cursing him quietly under his breath, he put one hand on the ledge of the wall and hopped over. He didn't want to be useless and just stand there. He rolled as he hit the ground to lessen the impact, and ran forward as the monster broke through the trees. If this thing got into the city... he shook his head as he ran forward. He wouldn't let that happen. Stupid guards...

"Togda!" He yelled out the elf's name as a greeting before pulling out his twin blades. He crossed them in front of his face and closed his eyes, concentrating. Fire soon burst forth from the hilts and spread along the blades, growing hotter until the fire glowed. Abel quickly ran forward and jumped up and over the monster, slashing it's head harshly as he flew over. He landed behind it, in the tree cover, and readied himself for whatever would happen next.
Xinjay
Xinjay
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Spectre Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:50 pm

(Nice one, Kaoru)

Nivrithi didn't so much as budge to Abel's feat of acrobatic ability. Aiming far off into the distance, he shot the bolt already loaded into his crossbow. Now this shot was flying off in some random direction, nowhere close to the monster. With a twitch of Nivrithi's hand, the crossbow bolt turned in mid-flight. The bolt, seeming to have a mind of it's own, circled around the beast's body, and fired upwards into it's back, lifting it onto it's tip-toes just ever so slightly. Nivrithi grinned, this would be a good time for Togda to follow up with an attack.
Spectre
Spectre

Back to top Go down

Post  Merolg Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:53 pm

Togda could visibly see that the creature was weakening, he knew the weak spot of the monster, but it was difficult to reach. The only reason that he was able to kill the other mainly because it was tired. This one was wide awake...

Gathering himself up, he could feel the adrenaline of the fight flowing through his veins, the electricity of his muscles just waiting to be released. Suddenly he thought he saw a spark run along the edge of his blade. Suddenly his blade exploded in a loud crackling of energy, for a moment he paused to look at the blades in wonderment.

Suddenly the monster roared, shaking Togda from his trance, he'd have time to wonder about it in time.

Almost running up the tree, he bounced on the top of the Phaista's curved head and ran down the back to a patch of straggly hair and thrust the crackling blades into the exact center of that patch.

The creature roared at an ear-splitting decibel, but even still Togda kept his feet planted as the Phaista rolled around and bucked. Togda could almost feel the electricity from the blades shorting out the creature's tiny brain, then as sudden as the Phaista had began roaring it stopped.

Satisfied that it was dead, he withdrew the twin blades, still crackling slightly and shoved them back into the sheathes. Calmly he jumped from the dead Phaista's back to the ground and walked back around to the group, "Well, that one was definitely larger that the last one I fought, but don't the humans say, 'the bigger they are the harder they fall'?" He laughed, something completely uncharacteristic to him. In this bizarre company, he actually felt much more comfortable, even around the... demon-like person.
Merolg
Merolg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Xinjay Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:52 pm

Abel stepped back as he watched the others take their shots. From where he was, he got a clear view of Togda skillfully taking down the monster. He watched in amazement as it yelled, fell to the ground, and finally layed still. He jogged over to group, but stopped a few paces behind Togda, not really knowing who the others were. He calmed his breathing, and sheathed his blades at his side.

Walking up to Togda's side, he grinned at him. "That was way more impressive than anything I saw my swords master do." He commented as he put his hands on his hips and puffed his chest proudly.
Xinjay
Xinjay
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Merolg Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:30 am

Togda looked back at the young master, "It may be more impressive, but to be proud of it would be my downfall Abel. My employment of magic was bound to happen..." Togda looked past the monster and into the sky. Slowly he removed the necklace from under his shirt.

Walking over to a taller tree he easily scaled it, and when he reached the top he sighed and wondered, 'Was that really an elf I saw?' Togda lifted the hood from where it had fallen during the fight, and raised it back over his head.

"It is almost time I left, they are getting nearer to me. And lest I run they will find me and kill me." Togda said out loud to no one in particular. "Even my dark cousins hate me."
Merolg
Merolg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Legends of Akena - Page 2 Empty Azura Kshara

Post  Spectre Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:52 am

Azura had little idea of what had transpired, but eve nso he thought it wise to return to the ground. As he did, he heard the elf speaking to himself. Despite what had happened, he felt some connection to the elf, almost like he'd have a purpose to his life should he help him out. So, he walked over to the tree the elf was perched in and calmly stated, "I know how you feel. I know what it's liked to be hunted, chased, and the like. I appear too evil to remain in highly populated areas, and I'm not so evil to belong with the other demons. It's confusing, but I'm sure you relate to that as well. And hey, you may as well explain what's going on here, I'm sure everyone else wouldn't mind hearing."
Spectre
Spectre

Back to top Go down

Post  Merolg Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:21 pm

Breaking out of his reverie, Togda leaped out of the tree and landed on the ground with his cloak fluttering about him, with the necklace bouncing off his front. He looked to Azura, though he did not know his name, "My life is my life, but I can see that you are not at all like the bloodthirsty fiends I have fought in my many years in the wild of this land. My necklace does not burn when you are around, only with the Phaista."

Togda shook his head, "But you may run because you are different, I run because they want to execute me for a heinous crime, I did not commit."

Turning towards the forest he said, "I must go, but if the Fates will allow it, you may see me again." Slowly he began walking into the forest.
Merolg
Merolg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Spectre Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:46 pm

Azura nodded his head, in full understanding of the things that had happened to the elf. Despite only meeting Togda, he ran after him. After ending up next to the elf, Azura spoke again. "Hey, you and I have nowhere else to go, so why not we move together? This way we'll stand more of a chance if confronted," he started. "You have gifts I don't, and perhaps I have gifts you don't. In this sense, we'd cover eachother's weaknesses, and bolster eachother's strength. Whether you want me to or not, I'm with you, until either of us are dead, I'm with you."

Nivrithi Vidala

Nivrithi watched calmly as he saw the elf execute the monster. WIth a crack of his neck, he holstered his crossbow and jumped down into the group. Calmly, he asked Abel, "Should we follow him? Or should we return to our boring lives?"
Spectre
Spectre

Back to top Go down

Post  Riley Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:20 pm

Tala watched as the warrior fought. Not knowing what to do she watched helpless. After this mysterious warrior fought the monster, he walked away with the strange being. She stepped forward her own cloak blowing behind her. "Wait. I am alone and have nowhere else to go. May I Journey with you?" In her heart she longed for the warrior who had saved her life. She hoped his answer would be yes. "Please. I have no friends and this world is strange to me. It is safer to travel in groups. Please let me come with you."
Riley
Riley

Back to top Go down

Post  Xinjay Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:09 am

Abel turned to Nivrithi when he addressed him, and he blinked stupidly at his question. That's right. Togda was leaving, and if he stayed in this stupid place who knows when he'd see him again. His father would make him routinely practice to become a great knight like himself, but he didn't want that. The words 'boring lives' that Nivrithi spoke echoed over in his mind, and he pull his hand into a fist. He didn't want to stay here.

He looked up at the other, who was waiting for a response, and then at everyone else. It seemed that they were all following Togda. The elf seemed to have some sort of aura that attracted everyone to him. He grinned.

"Well, the more the merrier!" He exclaimed, quickly putting up a happy mask. He grabbed onto Tala's hand as he made his way over to Togda, pulling her along. He knew Nirithi probably wasn't too far behind, either.

"I hope you don't mind us intruding on you, Togda."
Xinjay
Xinjay
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Riley Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:37 pm

Startled by this person, she tried to pull her hand from his. She did not understand what was going on, she had been too busy staring at Togda and his freind. "Whats going on?" She asked in a timid voice. "It's ok, if you don't ant me around. I will leave and travel alone. Please, I don't want to be a burden." she noticed that tears were rolling down her cheeks. She took her right hand to wipe the tears away. She didn't understand why she was crying.
Riley
Riley

Back to top Go down

Post  Spectre Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:31 am

Nivrithi shrugged, he didn't very well want to follow the large group, considering his profession. So instead, he called to Abel, "You all go on ahead. I've got some things to do in this city before I move on, but don't worry, I won't be far behind." His voice sounded neutral, but he was sure that most of the group's minds would wander as to what he had to do.
Spectre
Spectre

Back to top Go down

Post  Xinjay Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:13 pm

Abel quickly let go when he felt the timid girl pull her hand away. She seemed easily startled. Abel took a few steps away, raising his hands in front of him apologetically. He hoped it wasn't him that made her cry. He didn't know why, but just to make sure...

He turned to Nivrithi when he heard him speak, restraining himself from tilting his head to the side confused. He wasn't really wondering what he had to do, but more of how he planned on finding them after, if he was going to join up later.

"Are you sure? I probably know this city better than any of you here, so if you need to get somewhere I could take you there. It'll probably be faster. Well, if you need any help..." Abel offered.
Xinjay
Xinjay
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Merolg Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:38 pm

Togda looked down at the one who had offered to travel with him, carefully considering the prospect, he figured that even traveling with a demon couldn't hurt. "Fine, you can travel with me, but I do not know your name."

Looking up at Abel he said, "No I do not mind Abel, what would you like before I leave?"

Looking around he saw the halfling turn back towards the city, he shook his head. He would come around eventually.

He looked around him again, he suddenly realized that he was surrounded by everyone here. Togda had a strange feeling that his life would never be the same. He eyed the single blade on his hip that the electricity had sparked from. What had summoned the power? He could only wonder.

A barely tangible heat radiated from the pendant, it had always done that. Threats walked the world, always.

Slowly he began to wonder, should he tell them his story? He could tell that Abel was curious. When they were safer, he decided, he would.
Merolg
Merolg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Spectre Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:06 pm

Azura laughed, placing a hand on his head, "Right. My name's Azura, call me what you like though, I have no issues with nicknames."

Azura didn't think the halfling had been around simply for adventure anyhow. Most halflings had many jobs to attend to, especially one fully clothed in black cloth.

Azura's one concern, was the Deva nearby. He had learned that Deva's, though uncommon, tended to despise demons or other evil things. And Azura was pretty close to one himself.

Nivrithi Vidala

Nivrithi shook his head, "No thank you, Abel. I know this city well, in fact, my employers asked me to study it's layout before they sent me out." With that, he vaulted into a backwards roll onto a low-lying roof, and took off into a freerunning sprint along the buildingtops.
Spectre
Spectre

Back to top Go down

Post  Merolg Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:38 pm

Togda nodded, "Azura. That name brings back memories of Asura; someone I used to know before... Never mind." He turned his head away in shame. She probably hated him too.

((Sorry about the mythological reference))

Sensing Azura's discontent, he said, "Do not worry, I see now, you only appear as a demon you do not act as one. She will see that."
Merolg
Merolg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Legends of Akena - Page 2 Empty Re: Legends of Akena

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next