Role Playing Sanctuary
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legends of Akena -- Reboot

4 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Legends of Akena -- Reboot - Page 2 Empty Noh

Post  Len Kagamine Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:02 am

"We did not mean to imply it was this demon, per say" Noh replied
Len Kagamine
Len Kagamine

Back to top Go down

Legends of Akena -- Reboot - Page 2 Empty Amara Lanvaldear

Post  Xinjay Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:07 am

"So you're saying more could've escaped, as he did," Amara said with a thoughtful look on her face, "Either way, we'd better send out patrols..."

She mumbled the last part quietly to herself, knowing she'd have to at least tell someone, since no one in her family ever really let her do anything with the militia.
Xinjay
Xinjay
Admin

http://xinjay.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Legends of Akena -- Reboot - Page 2 Empty Ectaint Windclaw

Post  Merolg Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:24 am

Ectaint looked at the demon, "Princess Amara, am I correct in assuming that your knowledge, like many in Akena, is scant in regards to the Genasi? I will be forthright, I am not as fond of the humans as I am of demon-kind, as it was humans that murdered many of my kind in my homeland, including my..." He shook his head to dispel the memory, "However, I do not hold that against the people of Akena. What I am trying to do, is find a way to avoid bloodshed on both sides, but if it comes to it, I will fight, but for which side is the question."

He looked back towards the dungeon door, "Have you, or anyone else, ever once considered that Time has allowed demon-kind to develop wings, allowing some of them to escape the land that is their prison?"
Merolg
Merolg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Xinjay Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:13 pm

Amara thought. "No, I haven't, and I can't tell you if anyone else has. Either way, I suppose it doesn't matter how they're getting out. We should be worried about why they are what this means for the rest of Akena."

She suddenly gave the demon an apologetic look. "Sorry, not that I mean all demons are bad. But you know." Amara didn't actually know what she meant by that.
Xinjay
Xinjay
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Merolg Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:21 pm

Ectaint shook his head slowly, "No, not all demons are; I used to know several actually rather kind demons, they were proud of their heritage, but wanted nothing more than to help others to try and remove the stigma against their brethren. Unfortunately, that stigma runs deep in the veins of the world."

An idea struck him, "Princess Amara, considering your style of garb, am I correct in assuming that you are bored of this life you lead, and yearn for...something else?"
Merolg
Merolg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Xinjay Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:29 pm

Amara looked at the Genasi cautiously, wondering what he knew. He looked like he just recently arrived at the city, or that's what she had earlier assumd, so there was no way...

"Doesn't everybody?" She replied simply, not really giving anything away. "Why?"
Xinjay
Xinjay
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Len Kagamine Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:34 pm

"I think I know where this is going" replied Noh. "We can investigate what is happening at The Gates"
Len Kagamine
Len Kagamine

Back to top Go down

Post  Merolg Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:42 pm

"A 'normal' princess just doesn't don a black cloak and make her way to the dungeons simply for the thrill of it." He paused for a second before continuing, "I was thinking that if your father is aware of the current problem in regards to the demons somehow escaping, we could offer, at the very least myself, investigative services in order to assist in unraveling the mystery. I was hoping that the demon here," He gestured to the incarcerated demon, "could act as a guide. Your highness could also travel with us as an incentive to keep on track. Thus, removing the demon from danger, and providing you a way to experience the world."

Catching what Noh said, he nodded, "As I was saying."

((Sorry about the roundabout language, it's Ectaint talking, not me.))
Merolg
Merolg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Xinjay Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:31 pm

Amara laughed at the Genasi. "You don't know anything about me or my family." Her words sounded a little bitter and a little sad.

"The only way I could leave the city would be if I were kidnapped." She joked, but it hurt a little that her family didn't see her as much more than a daughter to be married off. If she were born a boy, even if she was second in line, she'd probably have been given control over the guard by now, and the power to actually make a difference. Yet she had nothing.

"I could grant you an audience with the king though, if you so desire," Amara offered after a while, her tone more sober. In her mind though, she thought about how it would be to travel to distant places and see the world. Maybe she would try to ask her father...
Xinjay
Xinjay
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Merolg Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:36 pm

"You are correct, I am acting upon my observations of the royal family that ruled over my home with the realization that not all royals are the same."

At Amara's second sentence, an idea began to form, but his face remained stolid, not giving himself away.

"That would be appreciated, your highness."
Merolg
Merolg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Xinjay Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:17 pm

"Alright then, let's go," Amara sighed as she brushed past the other two, expecting them to follow. The princess spared the demon in the cells one last look before continuing out the door. She unclasped her cloak and pulled it from around her shoulders, revealing her dress and letting her long auburn hair fall out freely.

The two guards were waiting for her outside the door, attentive as always. Even though they weren't servants or errand boys, they'd still be useful.

"Bring this to my room," she handed one guard her cloak, who looked a little shocked that he was given this task, and then turned to the other guard, "and go to the throne room and let the king know he has an audience, as seen by me."

They nodded and saluted before scrambling off.

Last edited by Xinjay on Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Xinjay
Xinjay
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Len Kagamine Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:21 pm

Noh was visibly uncomfortable in this setting. In the dungeons he seemed right at home, but as soon as the number of people increased he began mumbling random facts under his breath. The more people there were the faster his mumbling became
Len Kagamine
Len Kagamine

Back to top Go down

Post  Merolg Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:26 pm

Ectaint watched the guard go out of the corner of his eye, when the guard that was carrying Amara's cloak turned a corner, a silent word eked from his lips, a part of his mind diverging away from the majority. Within that portion, he could just see the guard walking through the halls of the castle and towards Amara's room.

Noticing Noh's nervousness, he put a hand on his shoulder, directing the whisper at his ear, "Remain calm, if all goes well, we will take our leave in short order."
Merolg
Merolg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Len Kagamine Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:41 pm

Noh shivered at the genasi's touch and hastily whispered "Father was clear, 'stay away from crowds, stay away from castles. No one will miss a drow'"
Len Kagamine
Len Kagamine

Back to top Go down

Post  Xinjay Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:30 am

Amara continued walking down the hallway, leading the two through the castle corridors towards the throne room. She heard them whispering, but didn't care too much to try and eavesdrop.

"I never got your names," Amara said over her shoulder, though she stopped as she realised something, and spun around to face them. "Also, I hope it goes unsaid that you never saw me in the dungeons." She raised an eyebrow expectantly at them.
Xinjay
Xinjay
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Merolg Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:08 am

Ectaint looked at Amara directly in the eye, "Of course. Nothing will be said concerning that particular matter. My name, as you did ask, is Ectaint. Ectaint Windclaw."
Merolg
Merolg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Len Kagamine Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:00 am

Noh looked down at his feet and said "Noh..."
Len Kagamine
Len Kagamine

Back to top Go down

Post  Xinjay Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:22 am

Amara reached forward and gently raised the Drow's chin until he was facing her. "You should hold your head high as you introduce yourself. After all, it's your identity, and you should say it proudly." She smiled at Noh before pulling her hand back.

"Nice to meet you Ectaint, Noh. Thank you for your confidentiality. We're almost to the thrown room." She turned around and again and continue down the hall, later reaching a set of large, sturdy wooden doors, flanked by multiple guards.
Xinjay
Xinjay
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Merolg Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:25 am

Ectaint looked sidelong at Noh, something was tickling the edge of his mind, he wanted to pursue it, but he knew that he had other matters to attend to at the moment.

The portion of his mind following the guard stopped as the guard reached his destination, Amara's chambers. Mentally he marked the room on his mental map. That's for later... He thought to himself.
Merolg
Merolg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Len Kagamine Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:27 am

Again Noh flinched at contact. It was... instinct to him. The castle, the guards, and now the long walk to the king all spelled danger to him.
Len Kagamine
Len Kagamine

Back to top Go down

Post  Merolg Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:30 am

Looking again at the Drow, he quickly noticed the agitation, "Noh," Finally using the Drow's name, "if you wish, you may leave conversing with the king to me and we will reconvene somewhere outside of the castle, if that is what you wish, naturally."
Merolg
Merolg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Len Kagamine Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:33 am

Noh hesitated, but replied "I should be there. Whether I speak or not, if the king is to allow the princess to leave he should know the company she brings with her"
Len Kagamine
Len Kagamine

Back to top Go down

Post  Xinjay Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:32 am

Amara smiled to herself at hearing the Drow's words. "Brace yourselves," she muttered quietly, but more to herself, as she nodded to the guards and they opened the doors for her.

They opened into a large throne room, grand and rich in every way. Pillars lines the sides of the room near the walls, which were lined with long banners bearing their family crest. At the front the room was raised up, and a large throne sat just up a few steps, in rich purple and the edges of it lined with gold. The wall behind had large stained glass windows that brightened the room and dropped a sort of spot line on the throne. There were a variety of decorations scattered around the room as well. The king sat on the throne, leaning to one side, and it was obvious the guards had indeed gone ahead and told him she was coming.

"Father," Amara strut into the room, walking purposefully towards the throne and stopped at the foot of the stairs, not affected by the grandness of the room at all. She bowed her head slightly.

"Amara." King Lanvaldear greeted, eyeing the two behing her.

"This is Ectaint Windclaw and Noh," she gestured to each respectively, "They have something they'd like to say regarding the demon we caught earlier today."

At that she stepped to the side, letting the others continue the conversation. The king turned to the other two and looked them over.

"Speak."
Xinjay
Xinjay
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Merolg Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:26 pm

Ectaint remained upright and tall, no fear shone in his eyes, "Your majesty, as your daughter has said, I am Ectaint Windclaw, a Genasi. I was the leader of the Genasi people who came to Akena from the south and east of the continent in attempt to escape an event in our homeland bitterly known to us as the "Elemental Scourge." Many of our numbers have settled among the lands and have used their elemental inclinations to aid the multitude of races throughout Akena; the majority of us are known as Earthsoul Genasi and they have found their place among the farming communities aiding them in saving failing crops, possibly saving the majority of the year's harvest. I, myself, am a Windsoul Genasi. My own abilities are not as much of an aid as my brethren's, but I have the ability to 'listen' to the wind, as it were, and find out knowledge that I was not aware of to begin with."

He paused for a second, "Earlier today, the winds brought me a dire message of death, destruction and the blackest of magics. They directed me to come to the castle, where I met with my associate, Noh, who had similar feelings of apprehension and was trying to gain access to the dungeons. Which was the same destination that the winds were telling me to go to as well. Under a promise from me, the guards allowed us passage while we were under their watch. Much to my own surprise, we happened upon the incarcerated demon. I believe that this demon, whom I am assuming is the first demon to come under human capture in many years, is a part of the source of the disturbance that myself and Noh felt."

"We happened upon your daughter, Princess Amara, as we were coming up here to offer our aid. When we told her of our plans, she took the liberty of arranging our audience with your Radiance and lead us up here herself as she felt that our meeting was, in some way, important."

The king nodded slowly and motioned for Ectaint to continue.

"King Lanvaldear, I would like to request that the demon be released into the care of myself, and Noh, if he so chooses to accompany me, to discover how and why he, and potentially many other demons could very well be escaping from their gated prison land even now. The Akenians have been nothing but kind to my people in the short time that we have been here, and I would like to offer my assistance in unraveling this ancient problem as a form of repayment for housing our displaced people."

((Jenny, I'm going to let you control the King more than anything considering you know how he should act and all.))
Merolg
Merolg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Xinjay Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:38 pm

"The people of Akena will always shelter those who need it, and those who deserve it," The king said proudly, but after a moments thought he sat up straighter in his chair and looked down at Ectaint.

"Though how do I know that you're really here to help? Why, I could send you off, thinking it's a good idea to check out what's happening at Morish, only for you to release the demon of your care and set him free again. His kind are not to be trusted," The king said, his voice more stern, "What incentive do I have to trust you and send you off on such an important circumstance?"

"Father, if I may," Amara cut in, "I was hoping I could accompany them, to make sure that they're staying on task--"

"Absolutely not. I would never put you in harms way, let alone send you all the way to the other side of the continent with these people," The king interrupted.

"You've trained me to handle a sword, I could--"

"End of discussion." Her fathers face was gaining a few reddish tones, and Amara thought it best to back down now before he popped a blood vessel. She saw the king turn his attention back onto the Genasi.
Xinjay
Xinjay
Admin

Back to top Go down

Legends of Akena -- Reboot - Page 2 Empty Re: Legends of Akena -- Reboot

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next