Role Playing Sanctuary
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Corrupted Kingdom

3 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

The Corrupted Kingdom - Page 5 Empty Nivrithi Vidala

Post  Spectre Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:25 pm

Nivrithi and Marie were both currently on horseback, travelling slowly through the dense streets, when the latter tapped the former's shoulder, "The girl is looking for you..."

Nivrithi chuckled softly, "If she was looking for an assassin, one stereotypical place to find one is somewhere high up..." Nivrithi leapt off the horse, clambering up to the rooftops "I'll meet up with you at the inb, I'll head on up to that church bell tower."

Nivrithi sat down at the edge of the bell tower, hoping to spot Elwyn somewhere nearby. At the same time, Marie waited somewhat impatiently in the inn room Nivrithi had rented out.
Spectre
Spectre

Back to top Go down

The Corrupted Kingdom - Page 5 Empty Elwyn Dineris

Post  Xinjay Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:36 pm

Elwyn head into the inn she was directed too, asking about the mage once more, and someone said they spotted him headed around town. She frowned, but thanked him and head back out onto the streets.

She was looking around for a bit, before she got the odd feeling to look up, and her eyes widened when she spotted him sitting at the top of the church, on the bell tower, and she was pretty sure he also saw her.
Xinjay
Xinjay
Admin

http://xinjay.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

The Corrupted Kingdom - Page 5 Empty Octavius Fyre

Post  Merolg Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:40 pm

After almost crawling most of the way, Fyre found the cave. Making his way inside, he looked around, he could still see the scorch marks on the walls and where the rocks were gouged out, testaments to his failed attempts at controlling magic.

Making his way to center of the cave, he finally collapsed, breath coming shallowly and in quick bursts. The magic in him didn't like what he was doing, but he simply swatted it aside, he had earned his fate, he made his descision, and he would let it come.
Merolg
Merolg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Spectre Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:46 pm

Nivrithi chuckled, eying Elwyn in the streets. He pointed down to the church roof below, hoping the girl saw his signal before dropping down, using his age-old training to soften the landing. He then waited in anticipation for Elwyn, figuring drom her build that simple building scaling was well within her capability.
Spectre
Spectre

Back to top Go down

Post  Xinjay Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:58 pm

Elwyn nodded and quickly made her way over to the church, getting up the side wall relatively easily and then pulling herself up. She walked over to the mage and nodded to him.

"You probably heard I was looking for you, I need you help," She stated bluntly, stopping before him and folding her arms across her chest.
Xinjay
Xinjay
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Spectre Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:15 am

Nivrithi nodded once, taking a single step towards Elwyn, "While I do know that you were looking for me, my contact was less informed as to why...and now I'm curious as to why little Cinder isn't with you...care to fill me in before I start making assumptions?"
Spectre
Spectre

Back to top Go down

Post  Xinjay Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:26 am

"He left," Elwyn said, "He heard everything we said last night."

Here, she dropped her arms and let out a sigh, before collecting herself again. "I don't know how you tracked him down last time, but I need you to do it again. And I'm coming with you. That way, you get the answers that you want," she looked down at his covered arm, at the scar underneath, but didn't say anything about knowing what it was, "and I get to find him."
Xinjay
Xinjay
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Spectre Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:19 am

Nivrithi chuckled softly, shaking his head slowly, "Oh, milady...what are you doing? Finally leave the company of a murderer, only to find an assassin in the hopes of finding the former...while I won't question your logic, I will ask why I should be helping you right about now."
Spectre
Spectre

Back to top Go down

Post  Xinjay Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:50 am

"I just fleed to here from Caerleon. I have no obligation to you or to Fyre, and yet I don't know why, I feel like this is something I need to do. So come on, I know you want that information more than anything. Until you get it, I offer you my service," Elwyn said, and pulled out the collar from her bag, "and I'll give this back. After I make sure Fyre's alright."

She thought it over, and she was gambling a little. She was gambling that the information that he would get on his scar would change his views and he wouldn't try to capture Fyre the second after he got the information. That, and that he would take her offer in the first place.
Xinjay
Xinjay
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Corrupted Kingdom - Page 5 Empty Re: The Corrupted Kingdom

Post  Spectre Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:53 pm

Nivrithi sighed, while he didn't feel like honouring Elwyn's request, he still had to keep up the facade that he was still at least somewhat curteous. "Tell you what, milady," he began, "I'll be exiting the town in the next hour on horseback. If you are able to keep up with us and provide for yourself, you may follow us. Enter our camp if we ever need to spend the night at any point, and all bets are off."

He extended a glover hand, "Do we have a deal, milady?"
Spectre
Spectre

Back to top Go down

Post  Xinjay Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:40 pm

Elwyn looked down at his offered hand, and she sighed, taking it. "Fine. I'll meet you by the gates in a bit. I'm gonna go 'provide for myself'."

And with that, Elwyn jumped off the roof to go pick-pocket some poor travelers.

- - -

It didn't take her long to get money, a horse, and fill the bag Fyre had left her with supplies. She was a little suspicious as to why the mage didn't take her up on her offer (the collar? he passed that up?). What did he intend to do after he got the information from Fyre?

She was deep in thought as she walked to the gates, dragging her horse behind her slowly by the reins.
Xinjay
Xinjay
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Spectre Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:34 am

Nivrithi turned in his seat, looking past Marie to see Elwyn exiting the city gates. With a sigh, he turned back to the road ahead, getting his horse to start galloping forward, hardly a thought passing through his mind.
Spectre
Spectre

Back to top Go down

Post  Xinjay Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:50 pm

Elwyn was at least glad that the mage was letting her follow him (she really needed to learn his name). She had gotten onto her horse once she was at the gates, and then followed after them, staying a little behind. She wondered where Fyre would be; would he go back to his home, if he had one? How far could he have gotten? She thought he must not be too far, but then she remembered that he had said he had the ability to travel far very fast. She mad a humming sound as she was deep in thought.
Xinjay
Xinjay
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Corrupted Kingdom - Page 5 Empty Octavius Fyre

Post  Merolg Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:04 pm

Fyre slowly climbed his way up onto the slab of bare rock, the moss having long since perished, he was simply too tired to muster the strength to make more appear.

Now lying on the stone, he began to drift, but his version of full rest would not come to him, he mentally shrugged, it did not matter.
Merolg
Merolg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Spectre Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:30 pm

(Timeskip)

The sun had long since set, and Nivrithi had long since set up camp. He sat next to an open fire, keeping it in check with his frost magic and looking over every once in a while to Marie. The two hardly exchanged a word, but it was becoming apparent that their relationship was growing ever the more different compard to when they had first become aqquainted. Nivrithi was cooking his rations and giving the end result over to Marie, the two exchanged in friendly banter on the ride there, Nivrithi tried not to think of it but he knew they were actually becoming friends.

With a sigh, Nivrithi looked down the road, curious on if the girl was following him still as well as if she had set up her own camp.
Spectre
Spectre

Back to top Go down

Post  Xinjay Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:58 am

Elwyn didn't require anything big. Just a small fire and a comfortable spot next to a tree. She was currently leaning against one, her arms crossed and her eyes on the other two at their camp. Her mask was still up and covering her face, so if they were looking, they'd probably only see the light reflecting off her eyes and leather in the darkness.

She was looking at the female companion that the mage was travelling with, wondering who she was and what she had to do with him. Elwyn didn't recall seeing her at all before she started trailing the two, not even aware that the mage wasn't travelling alone.

Sighing, she figured she should stop being creepy and sat down, resting her back against the tree. She rummaged through her pouch and pulled out the star sapphire that Fyre left her, trying to inspect it in the low light. She would glance up occasionally, making sure to keep an eye on the mage and the woman.
Xinjay
Xinjay
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Spectre Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:34 pm

Nivrithi finally couldn't keep himself awake for much longer, quickly rising to his feet and stepping unto his tent. Marie, on the other hand, left the camp and made her way over to Elwyns. Sitting down near the fire, Marie looked over to Elwyn and politely uttered, "Elwyn of Caerleon, if I'm not mistaken?"
Spectre
Spectre

Back to top Go down

Post  Xinjay Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:28 am

Elwyn looked up at the girl, nodding slowly. She seemed nice enough, znd though Elwyn didn't want to judge her too quickly, she neither wanted to trust her too quickly. "Yes, how did you know that?" She asked, pocketing the star sapphire.

"And I'm sorry, I caught neither yours nor his names."
Xinjay
Xinjay
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Corrupted Kingdom - Page 5 Empty Nivrithi & Marie

Post  Spectre Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:58 am

Marie chuckled softly, "Well, he's not the sort to divulge his name, nor is he the sort to give out the names of people he knows of. My name's Marie, and his is Nivrithi."

"As for how I know...well, it's complicated, but lets just say Nivrithi is taking me with him on the hunt for Fyre for more than just company," she tried to deflect, fearful of giving Elwyn any more information she could get in trouble with Nivrithi short of their names.
Spectre
Spectre

Back to top Go down

Post  Xinjay Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:17 pm

Elwyn nodded, thoughtfully. If it wasn't for cmpany, she wondered what this girl was doing with Nivrithi. She wondered if she had any sort of powers, or if Nivrithi was sweet on her or something. She snapped out of her thoughts and smiled kindly.

"Well, nice to meet you. I hate to trail behind you like some stalker, but you are my only means of finding Fyre," She said, not really sounding that apologetic when she spoke the last part.
Xinjay
Xinjay
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Corrupted Kingdom - Page 5 Empty Marie

Post  Spectre Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:24 pm

Marie shrugged, "Can't say this arrangement is all too comfortable either. Although, all the better that Fyre hasn't been moving lately. Perhaps he knows someone, likely you or Nivrithi, is following him....perhaps he wants to be found..." Marie shook her head a few times, "Ugh, sorry, started to find myself exploring the wrong plane for a moment there."

"Regardless, if we leave before the sunrise tomorrow, we should be able to make it by high noon," she continued, "If that's any consolation."
Spectre
Spectre

Back to top Go down

Post  Xinjay Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:38 pm

Elwyn had been looking into the small fire as she listened to Marie speak, but her head shot up at her words.

"Hasn't been moving? How do you know that?" Elyan asked skeptically, even though if she thought about it more she would know how. She was probably a seer or something like that, or at least had some sort of ability to track Fyre's movements. Her mind switched to Fyre; if he was staying in one place, did that mean something bad had happened, or was he just holding up somewhere, or...?
Xinjay
Xinjay
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Corrupted Kingdom - Page 5 Empty Marie

Post  Spectre Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:40 pm

Marie looked away after hearing Elwyn's question, "Well, ehm," she began, trying to formulate an explanation, "To explain this bit, we've been tracking Fyre for a fair bit of time now, a bit before you first saw Nivrithi. We're still able to track him even now, and the trail stops at a nearby mountain, and as of yet this trail hasn't moved from this mountain just yet."
Spectre
Spectre

Back to top Go down

Post  Xinjay Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:05 pm

Elwyn nodded, not wanting to press the matter. She seemed nice enough, and Elwyn didn't want to push it.

"Well, I suppose it's a good thing. I have horrible tracking skills, I wouldn't be able to find him without your help," She said sincerely, before readjusting her position so that she was laying down more, "I'm going to go to sleep. You should get some rest too."

(( We can timeskip if that helps move things along? ))
Xinjay
Xinjay
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Spectre Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:16 am

Marie nodded, standing up and heading back towards Nivrithi's camp, "Alright, see you in the morning, I suppose," she called back to Elwyn.

(Let's...)

Nivrithi pulled back on the reins, getting his horse to stop at the base of the mountain. Turning back, he could see that Elwyn wasn't far behind. He turned to Marie calmly, "Well, we'll be back soon. Don't wander off," he said to her. Marie merely nodded, takung the reins of the horse and galloping out of view. Nivrithi turned down the road expectantly, waiting for Elwyn.
Spectre
Spectre

Back to top Go down

The Corrupted Kingdom - Page 5 Empty Re: The Corrupted Kingdom

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next