Role Playing Sanctuary
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Corrupted Kingdom

3 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

The Corrupted Kingdom - Page 3 Empty Nivrithi Vidala

Post  Spectre Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:18 am

Nivrithi blinked a few times upon hearing the female. With a snarl, he bolstered his ice wall to ensure Cinder's winds didn't screw him up, then quickly turned about, rushing out of the cave and sliding down the mountain, grumbling over his primary questions still being unanswered as well as snarling anytime he thought of that vain mage with the messiah complex.

He eventually returned to the horse, surprised the Diviner hadn't yet left. Not questioning it, he ducked down out of view, looking back up to the mountain.
Spectre
Spectre

Back to top Go down

The Corrupted Kingdom - Page 3 Empty Octavius Fyre

Post  Merolg Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:22 am

Fyre slowly made his way to the mouth of the cave, the boulders that had just began to refusing to actually strike him or Elwyn.

Out the cave now, he collapsed on the ground, his elemental form gone now, so he was returned to his normal state. Struggling to his knees, he violently retched as he struggled to stay conscious, managing to say, "I hate doing that..." between gouts of vomit.
Merolg
Merolg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Spectre Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:31 am

Nivrithi finally spotted the weakened Cinder far above him. His anger not yet sated, he quickly etched three words onto a tiny sheet of parchment, reading out as 'You owe me'. Taking the parchment in hand he gently rolled it up, attaching it to a bolt and launching it up near the mage. With that, he saddled up, nudging the Diviner back a bit and having the horse gallop towards the nearby town.

"We should find an inn...last thing I want is you catching a cold," he muttered.

The next words he heard tugged at his heart strings, a snarky response from the female, saying "And here I thought you didn't care."
Spectre
Spectre

Back to top Go down

The Corrupted Kingdom - Page 3 Empty Elwyn Dineris

Post  Xinjay Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:35 am

Eying something on the ground, Elwyn picked up the bolt with the collar attatched to it, before running after Fyre towards the mouth of the cave, boulders dropping behind her. They just reached the outside when the mouth caved in on itself and blocked the entrance, the rumbling finally stopping.

She looked at the collar, and ripped it from the bolt. She held it up to the sky to inspect the weird carvings in it, before shaking her head and absentmindedly tucking it into on of her pouches.

Fyre seemed to have returned to normal, much to her relief, and she walked over to place a comforting hand on his back as he puked up his insides. "You okay? That was really amazing, what you and he did in there."
Xinjay
Xinjay
Admin

http://xinjay.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Merolg Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:44 am

With a shaking hand, he wiped his mouth, "One, I wasn't expecting him to be an Ice Mage, a powerful one at that." He chuckled at the irony of the king having a sorcerer at his disposal when the king had so clearly outlawed magic. "Two, as a note, the first and only other time I did that, I killed what I could swear was half an army in one go. I nearly killed myself that time." He spat out a globule of vomit.

A bolt of pain shot up his scarred arm, making him yelp slightly, he immediately bit his tongue.
Merolg
Merolg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Xinjay Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:43 pm

"If it takes this much from you, maybe you should've just tried to run away instead of fight back," Elwyn commented in a concerned voice, a frown on her lips but hidden, as usual, "You shouldn't have tried to use it. At least, not something that powerful."

She might have been self-projecting a little, but if she was, he wouldn't know. Elwyn always ran away when things got tough. It was the reason why she was in Ascetir in the first place.

Elwyn dropped to her knees beside him and held her hands out, hovering just above Fyre's arms. "Okay, so you said it was a long story, but I don't think it's any coincidence that the other mage had these scars too. So, spill."

(( Definitely going to need to change her personality around in her character bio now. ))
Xinjay
Xinjay
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Merolg Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:58 pm

"It...just happens when I get angry." Fyre sat up, "I only have control over my body and voice, magic seizes control of my mind. My emotions react with the magic, pulling the elements into me."

Looking at his arm, he sighed, "Fine. I suppose you have the right to know. When my master, the last Ancient, was on Death's threshold, he gave me two things, this sword," he pointed at the elegant longsword strapped to his belt, "and a scroll. He said that I couldn't open the scroll until such a time where a certain darkness that was thought to be destroyed rises once again. Several days after he died, and I discovered my village to be destroyed, the scroll opened for me, but before I could actually read it, it dissolved into myself, making changes to my body and mind, the scar is the only physical change I've been able to find. Since then, I've been able to piece together the truth, the scroll contained a portion of an ancient spell designed to end the evil. When I realized that it hit me like a sack of bricks, the king and probably the whole royal family are possessed by this evil and outlawed magic to try to weed out those who might have access to the magic and end them. My only guess as why the other mage had a scar like mine, he's a bearer of another part of the spell."

Fyre chuckled as he leaned against the stone wall, "And you're not fooling me, you were the one that caused the cave to collapse, weren't you?"
Merolg
Merolg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Xinjay Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:20 pm

Elwyn nodded along with Fyre's story as he explained. Well, that definitely made sense, she supposed.

When Fyre called her out on her lie, she tried her best to look confused. "No, I couldn't have. Either way, you two were doing a fine job of bringing the place down by yourselves."

Hoping he believed her, she quickly changed the topic back. "So, everyone with one of these scars has one part of an ancient spell that can be used to cure the royal family? How many pieces are there, do you know?"
Xinjay
Xinjay
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Merolg Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:29 pm

"Potentially, yes. And for all I know, there could be a hundred people with the parts to the spell."

"Oh, it might be wise not to try to fool me, my master's training allowed me to be able to find magical origins, and the magic that brought down the cave was from you." He looked at he sidelong.
Merolg
Merolg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Xinjay Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:51 pm

"It wasn't on purpose," Elwyn blurted out, now that she knew she couldn't really hide it, "I might as well not have magic at all. Every time I use it, it gets way out of hand. I can't control it, I've tried. I didn't mean to bring down the cave, only the stones you put in front of me."

She changed her position so that she was sitting cross-legged, and she slumped forward a little. "It's embarrassing. I can't even control my own magic and yet everyone else can use it so effortlessly."
Xinjay
Xinjay
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Merolg Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:18 pm

Fyre chuckled, "Your magic is just unrefined, like mine was when I found my mentor. Hell, with proper training you could end up being as powerful or even more so than me."

"I'll tell you something, when I was just starting, I could barely control my magic. I think I made the hairs on the Ancient's head even whiter." He groaned as he stood up, still shaky on his feet, "Let's go. We'd better find shelter, there's a storm incoming in the morning, and I really don't want to be on the receiving end of that one."
Merolg
Merolg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Xinjay Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:43 pm

"Let's head to that town just north of here," She said as she kept a hand under his arm cautiously, to make sure he didn't fall over again.

"And thanks. I hope I can trust you to keep this between ourselves," Elwyn didn't want to know what would happen should anyone find out about her. If magic was outlawed in the kingdom, it just gave her an even bigger reason not to tell anyone about her magic. Not that she relied on it too much anyways.

"Are you sure the other mage is going to do as you told him?"
Xinjay
Xinjay
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Merolg Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:46 pm

"I've kept worse secrets." Fyre grinned. "I'm fairly certain he will, I gave him an incentive to, he wants to know about the scar and judging by the fact that he chose that as his question says that he really wants to know, so he'll more than likely keep his end of the bargain."
Merolg
Merolg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Xinjay Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:14 pm

Elwyn nodded. They head through the forest in the direction she had spotted that town. Eventually they came across the main path and stuck to the road, though in the distance she could spot some travellers heading there way. "Stay behind me," she said to Fyre, a plan in her head.

She walked ahead a little bit, pulling down her collar, putting a stagger into her step, as the travellers heading their way neared them. Once they were close enough, she started coughing and dropped to her knees, clutching at her chest. One of the men isntantly ran towards her, putting their arms around her to help her up.

"Are you okay miss?" He asked, full of concern. Elwyn's hands were clutches on his waist for support.

"Y-Yes, I'm fine," she said weakly, "Thank you, kind sir." She fluttered her eyelashes up at him, and the man smiled down at her.

"Keep safe, young miss." The man said before finally releasing her and continuing on their way. As soon as they were far behind them enough, Elwyn smiled wickedly at Fyre and held up a coin purse that she had snagged from the mans pocket.

"Let's get a nice room at the inn and feast like kings," she exclaimed happily as she shook the coins in the purse around.
Xinjay
Xinjay
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Spectre Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:03 pm

Nivrithi let loose a relieved sigh, practically falling flat onto the bed within the room he had rented out. The room was about as fancy as a small town inn could get, Nivrithi sparing no expense whatsoever in getting said room, having previously had connections with the owner of the inn.

The Diviner sat on the edge of a different bed, looking at once in a while between bites of food. Nivrithi finally chose to end the silence, turning his head slightly towards the Diviner. "Care to divulge your true name, milady? Wouldn't argue with something to call you besides Piss Off," he asked with an air of politeness.

The Diviner merely responded with a soft, "Marie..."

Nivrithi smiled beneath his mask, "Marie...beautiful name." With a hefty sigh, Nivrithi stood up once more, starting to disrobe of everything above his waist short of his mask, revealing a pasty white torso covered in scars. Hearing a suppressed noise from Marie, Nivrithi turned to face her with a chuckle, "Oh, come off it, they're not that disgusting, just a few scars and one branding." Nivrithi sat back down on his bed, point to one scar of his right shoulder that looked like a mockup of a leaf encased in ice, "Shade gave me that one, he said the leaf signifies life while the ice represents death. The leaf is perfectly preserved, believing it is alive, when in reality if the leaf ever realized the truth, it would come to know it was always dead."

Nivrithi then pointed to the one on his wrist, the one he had shown Fyre, "Dunno where I got this, but it looks like a knife or something arcing down my arm towards my wrist, just like one of my other talents..."

Marie kept shifting in her seat, seeming to try and get a better look at Nivrithi's back. Nivrithi took the hint and turned about to show her. Upon his back was a large branding that stretched from both his shoulders and neck to his waist. It was in the form of an arcane circle, complete with ancient glyphs and old writing, in the center was an odd symbol no one Nivrithi questioned recognized. "He gave this to me when I was seventeen...never told me what it meant, though I guess it was another lesson in pain tolerance..."

Nivrithi sighed, turning back around and hanging his head a bit, "Just wish he could have explained a few things before he left, you know...?"

Marie sighed, "You're not going to honour your statement to The Ghost Of Fire, are you?"

Nivrithi shook his head lightly, "Last thing I want is to get royalty in on this issue, best to keep them as blind as possible...for all I know, the King may get a sorcerer to either control or translate my thoughts, then BAM! There goes my chance to find out who or what Shade was."

"Maybe he was a hallucination?" Marie offered.

Nivrithi snarled, standing up and pointing at his back, "Could a mere hallucination give me that?!" he yelled, certain anyone on the main floor could hear him, "If he was a hallucination, where did the scars come from? And if he wasn't a hallucination, where is he? Who was he? Why was I important to him? So many unanswered questions..." Nivrithi sighed, dropping back onto the bed, looking to the ceiling blankly.
Spectre
Spectre

Back to top Go down

Post  Merolg Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:13 pm

Fyre watched as Elwyn effortlessly pinched the man's purse, "By the gods..." He muttered.
Merolg
Merolg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Xinjay Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:41 pm

"Oh come on, it's just pocket money. Besides, you look like you need to get your strength up. It's for your own good," She said casually as she strapped the coin purse to her belt. She'd need to get a bag to carry provisions in, if she was going to be travelling. She didn't know what she was going to do, but for now it seemed she was sticking with Fyre.

They slowly made their way to the town, and it was quite late by the time they got there. She wondered if she should try the bar, but then she realized that it was best if they got a room first.
Xinjay
Xinjay
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Merolg Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:49 pm

Fyre shrugged, "Be it as it may. I'm not going to argue much." He coughed slightly, one of the last vestiges of his episode up by the mountain, "I'm going to be feeling this one for a while..." He muttered to himself.
Merolg
Merolg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Xinjay Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:02 am

Elwyn dragged Fyre with her to the nicest looking inn she could find, and walked up to the innkeeper. "The best room you got for the two of us, and send up a warm meal," she said, dropping a few gold coins on the counter. The innkeeper nodded kindly and had his assistant show them the way.

She thanked the assistant once they were in their room, tossing her a gold coin before closing the door. Elwyn pulled out a chair from the table in the middle of the room and sat down, putting her feet up on the table and leaning back. She opened the coinpurse to check what was left.

"Those travellers didn't have much. Oh well, can always get more," She said offhandedly, before looking over at Fyre. "Once our food gets here, you should eat and then try and get some rest."
Xinjay
Xinjay
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Merolg Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:08 am

Fyre sank down to the floor while leaning against the wall to the left of the door, "Thanks Elwyn. I appreciate this, I really do." He smiled a genuine smile.
Merolg
Merolg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Xinjay Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:21 am

Elwyn looked at Fyre for a moment, before feeling herself blush a little and look away.

"Well, it's not like I'm not benifiting from it either..." She muttered.

The food arrived with a knock on the door, and two maids came in to set a large meal out on the table for the two of them, and then promptly left. Elwyn had to drag her feet off the table.

"Oh wow, this looks great. This really is a meal fit for a king," She said as she grabbed a piece of bread and started eating.
Xinjay
Xinjay
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Merolg Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:25 am

Dragging himself to his feet, he made his way over to the food, picked up some of the meat and bit into it, between swallows, he managed to say, "Hell of a lot better than anything I could cook." He chuckled.
Merolg
Merolg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Xinjay Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:32 am

"You're cooking left a lot to be desired," Elwyn laughed, taking some fruits to chew on. Feeling a little uncomfortable, she finished what was in her hands before taking off her arm guards and leg guards. She was relatively safe in their room now, so she didn't need them. She also took off her belt, but in doing so, something dropped out of her pouch. She leaned down to pick it up.

It was the collar she found in the caves. She held it up to inspect it again, and then looked over at Fyre. "Um, earlier, before the cave came down, I picked this up. It was on the bolt that guy tried to shoot at you," Elwyn said.
Xinjay
Xinjay
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Merolg Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:35 am

Fyre chuckled, "I'm a hunter, not a cook."

Taking the collar in his hand, he held it for a moment before yelping and jerking his hand back like he got burned, dropping the collar to the ground.
Merolg
Merolg
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Corrupted Kingdom - Page 3 Empty Nivrith Vidala

Post  Spectre Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:36 am

Marie tyrned to Nivrithi suddenly, "The Ghost of Fire is close, as is his compatriot!" she commented.

Nivrithi tiredly turned to face Marie, "...and?"

Marie blinked confusedly, "Don't you still want to catch him?"

"Well yeah, question is what physical state are they in?"

"Well...The Ghost is weak, yet the traveller is hardly spent."

"Oh, well that's no fun, let them rest and we'll pick up this chase tomorrow morning."

"But...wouldn't this be a prime moment to catch him?"

"Yeah, but I'm a sucker for the thrill of the hunt," Nivrithi chuckled.
Spectre
Spectre

Back to top Go down

The Corrupted Kingdom - Page 3 Empty Re: The Corrupted Kingdom

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next