Role Playing Sanctuary
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Corrupted Kingdom

3 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

The Corrupted Kingdom - Page 2 Empty Octavius Fyre

Post  Merolg Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:05 am

"I suppose you haven't heard of the law of the kingdom that forbids the use of magic and any practitioners of any form of magic are to be sentenced to death?"

Fyre's eyes flicked down to the scar, he chuckled, "Long story."
Merolg
Merolg
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Corrupted Kingdom - Page 2 Empty Elwyn Dineris

Post  Xinjay Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:16 am

Elwyn blinked, showing that no, she didn't recognize any law like that. She may have just arrived but she had always heard that Ascetir was a nice place. She made a mental note to not to use her own magic, even though she hardly used it anyways. It was powerful (really powerful), but unfortunately she had trouble controlling it, so if she tried to do something small and suddenly something exploded, then, well, she'd proabably be in a lot of trouble.

"I'm not from Ascetir. I'm from Caerleon," She pointed a thumb over her shoulder in the general direction that she thought she came from. "I didn't know. Last I heard it wasn't illegal to practice magic. That's strange."

She nodded to him at his avoidance of the subject of his arm, not pressing any further.

Xinjay
Xinjay
Admin

http://xinjay.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Merolg Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:25 am

Fyre nodded as he sat down on the stone that was supposed to be his bed, "Caerleon... Now that's a name I haven't heard for sometime... The valley near my home village was the principal trading route between Ascetir and Caerleon once upon a time." He chuckled as his memories came back to him.

He sighed as he picked up a bowl shaped stone that lay next to the slab of stone, examining it he determined that the depression was deep enough. Holding the stone in both hands, he closed his eyes, slowly water condensed in the stone's depression until it was partially full.

Releasing his held breath, the drain showing on his face, he offered the 'bowl' to the female, "Thirsty?"
Merolg
Merolg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Xinjay Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:33 am

"It's not poisoned or anything is it?" She asked half jokingly, but also half serious as she took the offered bowl. She looked down at it suspiciously, and a little jealous that she could get her magic to cooperate with her like that. She pulled her mask down so that she could take a small sip, and once she deemed it safe, downed the whole thing.

"Oh, I drank it all. I'm a little hungry, sorry." she admitted.
Xinjay
Xinjay
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Merolg Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:41 am

Fyre shrugged, "I simply pulled the water from the air around me. I wish I could create food, though I think it wouldn't make much sense as I would have to put the same amount of energy into it as I would get out of it if I ate it, then again, my mentor never taught me how. Though... I think I know a way around that."

Walking to the mouth of the cave, he closed his eyes, his mind calling out to the nearby grove of trees. The leaves rustled as two rabbits shot out of the foliage, he caught the little ones one in each hand, "Your sacrifice will not be in vain little ones." He said to the struggling creatures, with a jerk of his hands he broke both necks, he kissed the foreheads of the now limp creatures, a blessing on their spirits.

Walking back to the female, "Hope you like rabbit." He liked being able to talk with someone that wasn't out to kill him at all.
Merolg
Merolg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Xinjay Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:46 am

"You don't have to feed me or anything, it's not like we're aquiantances," Elwyn said in her own defense, but she sat down by the fire anyways. She didn't mind eating anything, really, so she stayed quiet, feeling a little out of place, but not really feeling compelled to leave now that he offered food.
Xinjay
Xinjay
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Corrupted Kingdom - Page 2 Empty Nivrithi Vidala

Post  Spectre Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:50 am

Nivrithi sighed, the horse settling down a fair distance away from the cave he was informed the mage was hiding, tying the horse to a nearby oak at the foot of the hill. The girl looked to him in silence as Nivrithi clambered up the hill. "So my window is in a good hour, then?" Nivrithi asked.

"Indeed, a rock will drop from the mouth of the cave when it's time, catch the rock and you can remain undetected," the girl replied. "You're not gonna kill him, are you?"

"Course not...just going to get him into such a state where I can ask him a few questions. Based on his answers, I may just let him loose. If he refuses to help after a bit of 'influence', then I'll just bring him back to the Capitol City in chains."

With that, Nivrithi remained at the mouth of the cave just out of view, counting down the minutes impatiently.
Spectre
Spectre

Back to top Go down

Post  Merolg Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:55 am

A little while later, Fyre had both rabbit seared and cooked. He handed one to her, before biting down on his his, a thought struck him, "It would seem that my manners have deserted me, I'm Octavius Fyre, or Fyre for short. The kingdom knows me better as 'the Ghost of Flame.'"
Merolg
Merolg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Xinjay Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:08 am

"Wow you've got a title and everything," Elwyn commented a little bit sarcastically, before taking a bite from her own.

"I'm Elwyn Dineris," She offered simply, not really wanting to give him anything else about her. "I can probably guess why you have your title, but not as to how you got it."

Elwyn ate her rabbit quickly, more than a little hungry, and having to sit down and wait for them to cook was torture. She took another small bite, silently mourning over the fact that they didn't have much meat on them.
Xinjay
Xinjay
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Merolg Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:14 am

Fyre chuckled, "Well met Elwyn. When I need to get out of someplace fast, I can combine wind and fire to propel me to incredible speeds. I earned the name when a village saw me fly over them in the middle of the night while enshrouded in flames. Though...it takes a lot out of me to actually perform the spell."

The moment that he bit down on the rabbit, a feeling of apprehension crept over him, something didn't feel right here. He had no idea what, but something was there and he instantly didn't like it. Putting the rabbit down for a moment, he rolled his sleeves back down, hiding the scar.
Merolg
Merolg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Spectre Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:21 am

After much anticipation, the rock finally fell from the mouth of the cave, dropping into Nivrithi's awaiting hand. With a chuckle, he loaded a dart into his crossbow. The tip of the bolt bore a collar with arcane markings instead of a piercing tip. The collar was originally intended to be worn by the Diviner to suppress her magic, though after his brief chat with her he reconsidered a use for it.

Stepping into the cave, he fired the bolt towards the two, using his aftertouch to try and arc the collar towards the mages neck, certain the impact would lock it around The Ghost of Fire's neck.
Spectre
Spectre

Back to top Go down

Post  Merolg Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:29 am

Feeling the winds suddenly shift, he dropped the rabbit and vaulted over the fire, very narrowly avoiding the dart.

Cursing, he rolled and came back up. The angle that he was now at was enough to allow him to see around the slight bend of the cave, he immediately saw the man, "YOU!" He snarled.
Merolg
Merolg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Spectre Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:36 am

Nivrithi cursed under his breath, mentally kicking himself for not accounting for sudden movement. His window was gone now that the collar had clattered onto the ground...or was it?

Hoping it wasn't he sheathed his crossbow and calmly walked into the cave, "Tsk, tsk...now if you had been a good little cinder there, I could've been in and out, got my info, and we could have all walked home in peace...now you've gone and ruined that." Calmly moving a hand to his sheathed dagger, he added, "Last chance to make this peaceful, last thing tou want is for me to have to subdue you."

Last edited by Spectre on Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Spectre
Spectre

Back to top Go down

Post  Xinjay Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:45 am

Elwyn jumped up instantly and drew her dagger. She held it out in front of her, standing behind Octavius, on the opposite side of the fire, and watching his posture. The way he was standing and growling, it was obvious that this newcomer was definitely not on their side.
Xinjay
Xinjay
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Merolg Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:46 am

((This is gonna hurt))

A vein visibly pulsed in Fyre's temple, his patience very quickly reaching it's end, the fire to his left suddenly froze again, reversed direction and began to snake its way to him. A sudden wind kicked up in the cave, the now visible winds mingled with the swirling fire as stones floated up and joined the chaotic pattern. The air in the cave suddenly got thick with moisture.

Fyre chuckled from within the swirling elements, "Cinder? That's your name for me? Thanks to the damned king, I HAVE NO HOME!" The elements intensified, liquid water joining the conflagration, he could barely be seen from within the tornado.
Merolg
Merolg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Spectre Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:51 am

Nivrithi rolled his eyes, generating a thick wall of invisible frost in front of him and preparing to trace the rocks. "Well, I'm sorry to hear that!" he called over the maelstrom, "Perhaps you would reconsider your assault, if only to ensure the girl isn't caught in the crossfire, hmm? Wouldn't want one of us to mistakenly hit her in our raging frenzy!"
Spectre
Spectre

Back to top Go down

Post  Merolg Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:54 am

"You're right." There was a sudden cracking of the ground a sheet of stone literally grew out of the ground to form a shield around Elwyn, "Innocents should never be harmed, as said by the Ancient who taught me."
Merolg
Merolg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Spectre Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:23 am

Nivrithi chuckled softly, He's only human, no human of any kind can maintain this boon for long and be conscious enough to talk about it afterwards, he thought to himself. "Yeah, real cute about that ancient and all...you know who taught me how to deal with people such as yourself? A good man under the moniker of Shade, an assassin of ancient times. So it's the student of an ancient versus the successor of a wise killer of men...you sure you picked this unneeded battle wisely, cinder?"
Spectre
Spectre

Back to top Go down

Post  Xinjay Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:25 am

Elwyn backed up a little as the ground shook, and she was suddenly blocked by a wall of stone. "I'm not a child that needs protecting."

She hated the fact that they were talking about her like she was just some innocent bystander, and he she hated the fact that she pretty much was even more. She didn't know what had gone on between the two, and at the moment she'd probably get in the way. Though from the sounds of their conversation, it sounded really complicated.
Xinjay
Xinjay
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Merolg Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:39 am

Fyre simply chuckled as the elemental twister closed on him. Closing his eyes, he retreated slightly and let the magic and the elements permeate him.

This is going to hurt... He thought to himself, which was true considering he had only done this once before.

The elements quickly merged with his skin, forming a glowing white shell around himself. The amount of pure heat that his form began to give off was insane.

Just then something snapped deep in his mind, he knew instantly what it was. His pain threshold was beginning to reach it's maximum, "I would rather allow you to leave...with a message to the king...tell him that 'life can only bring the end' and the final one capable of using the Ancient spells is coming. He'll know what...I mean..."

Waving his arm, the winds intensified to gale force, intent on removing Nivrithi from the cave.

((Yeah...I think this has gone on slightly too long...))
Merolg
Merolg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Spectre Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:43 am

Hurriedly attempting to find a means of ensuring he could get the answers he so desperately sought, Nivrithi deftly turned his wall of frost into a thick wall of ice properly braced by the roof, the floor, and even his own kinetic force. It was hell, and Nivrithi's covered nose even started to bleed, but Nivrithi remained in place, albeit snarling in pain as a shard of ice broke from his wall, slicing across his left calf.

"Not...until...I get...my answers!" he called over the still-blowing torrent.
Spectre
Spectre

Back to top Go down

Post  Merolg Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:50 am

"One question, one answer, then the winds will blow you out like a candle." Fyre roared.
Merolg
Merolg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Spectre Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:58 am

Nivrithi sighed, one question was hardly worth the hassle of being launched out of a cabe at bone-crushing speeds. Thinking wisely over what priorities the male seemed to have, Nivrithi pulled back the sleeve of his left arm, the harsh light of the maelstrom illuminating an odd scar Nivrithi didn't know the origin of. Could've been an old knife gash, a mark left behind by Shade, or some other arcane origin, Nivrithi just hoped it would favour him to display it after hearing of Fyre's scar through the Diviner, "This mark mean anything to you?!" he called over the maelstrom, now leaning at a harsh angle into his wall of ice.
Spectre
Spectre

Back to top Go down

Post  Merolg Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:05 am

Fyre looked at the scar and for a moment, the winds lessened in accordance with the shock that coursed through him, "It does, ice mage. But deliver my message to the king, then find me once again and I will be forthright with you."
Merolg
Merolg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Xinjay Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:09 am

The wind had died down but was still whipping her hair around her, even from behind the walls of stone. She couldn't stand not being able to see what was going on though, so with resolve, she placed her hand against the wall and her eyes flash gold. The walls of earth that Fyre put up around her crumpled. Wow, that had actually worked and not gone out of con--

The entire cave suddenly started rumbling, even more than it already was from the force of the other twos battles, and she groaned. This is why she didn't try anything. She ran forward a little as bits of rock fell from the ceiling.

"You two are causing a cave-in! It's coming down on us!" She lied, but it was plausible, and the only thing she could think of without exposing that she had magic. "We need to leave. Now!"

(( Sorry I just want to get out of the damn cave. ))
Xinjay
Xinjay
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Corrupted Kingdom - Page 2 Empty Re: The Corrupted Kingdom

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next