Role Playing Sanctuary
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Corrupted Kingdom

3 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

The Corrupted Kingdom - Page 4 Empty Elwyn Dineris

Post  Xinjay Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:46 am

"Oh, are you okay? What was that?" Elwyn asked concernedly, already leaning down to pick up the collar and tuck it away; away from Fyre so that he didn't hurt himself again. She already felt guilty for pulling it out in the first place.
Xinjay
Xinjay
Admin

http://xinjay.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

The Corrupted Kingdom - Page 4 Empty Octavius Fyre

Post  Merolg Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:47 am

Cradling his hand, "That collar's inscribed with runes designed to suppress one's ability to use magic. But why it doesn't affect you, I have no idea."
Merolg
Merolg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Xinjay Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:56 am

Elwyn shrugged. "Well, he wasn't after me," She said, since it was the only reason she could come up with. She continued eating, still feeling a little guilty, but saying nothing about it. She took a bite off a leg of meat.
Xinjay
Xinjay
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Merolg Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:58 am

The pain having reduced, he shook out the pins and needles, "The magic in that thing didn't feel like him though..." Casting off the matter, he picked up the other leg of meat and took a large bite of flesh.
Merolg
Merolg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Xinjay Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:09 am

When Elwyn was finally full, she leaned back in her chair and let out a satisfied sigh. "That was soooo good!"

While she often was able to afford good meals, ever since she had to go on the run it was hard getting one. But now that she was in another kingdom she had no worries; well, other than a scary mage-assassin coming after Fyre, some sort of weird collar, a cursed family and knowledge of some sort of ancient spell.
Xinjay
Xinjay
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Merolg Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:11 am

Fyre lay on the floor, belly ever so slightly distended, "Urgh..." He muttered.
Merolg
Merolg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Xinjay Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:19 am

"Why do you keep sitting on the ground? I didn't pay for the best room only to have you fall asleep on the floor," Elwyn says as she gets up and walks over the other end of the room, taking off her collared shirt and her boots, to get ready for bed. She nodded a folded piece of cloth on her pillow. "Oh look, they provide nightgowns."
Xinjay
Xinjay
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Corrupted Kingdom - Page 4 Empty Fyre

Post  Merolg Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:23 am

Hauling himself to his feet, he shrugged half-heartedly as he made his way to the second bed, "Guess I'm just too used to sleeping on the ground."

Looking at the nightgown, he made a face, "No offence to the innkeepers, but I think I'll keep the clothes I'm wearing."
Merolg
Merolg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Xinjay Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:37 am

"Well, try sleeping in full leather," Elwyn scoffed at Fyre, waiting for the male to lie down and turn away before taking off her leather outfit and tugging on the nightgown, which actually fit her nicely and was even form fitting. Guessing that Fyre was asleep already, she sat down on her bed, which was nearest to the window, and looked out at the sky. It was already really late. Normally at this time she would be running around snatching things, or ambushing a trader with her band.
Xinjay
Xinjay
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Corrupted Kingdom - Page 4 Empty Nivrithi Vidala

Post  Spectre Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:51 am

(Considering the timeskip, character injection go!)

Nivrithi raised himself up on his arms a bit, peering into the inn room in his full garb. Seeing the female awake, he raised himself up into such a state he could maintain. Knocking lightly on the window, he prayed the girl's curiousity would get tge better of her and she wouldn't wake Fyre.
Spectre
Spectre

Back to top Go down

Post  Xinjay Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:58 am

Elwyn started at the sudden rap on the window, and then the appearance of a male. Upon closer inspection, she held back a gasp as she realized who it was. She grabbed her dagger and opened the window, wasting no time to bring the tip of it to the males neck.

"You have some guts showing up here," she whispered, "What do you want?"
Xinjay
Xinjay
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Spectre Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:07 am

Nivrithi blinked beneath his lenses, bringing a finger to the dagger at his neck and gently trying to nudge it aside. "Well, for starters, note that I have no ill intentions for either of you this evening, so I would appreciate it if you would kindly take your butter knife away from my adam's apple..."

Nivrithi raised hinself up a bit despite the knife, sitting down in the windowsill. "As for why I'm here, there are two primary reasons. The first is to get back something you seem to have stolen from me, and the second is to deliver a warning, a warning particularly meant for you."
Spectre
Spectre

Back to top Go down

Post  Xinjay Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:14 am

Elwyn lowered her dagger, but didn't stop glaring at him. When he spoke again though, she held back an amused laugh. "Actually, though I do steal for a living, in this case I actually didn't. You left it behind, so it was fair game," The theif shrugged, and shifted her weight to one side.

"And what, may I ask, is this warning?" She asked more out of curiousity than fear.
Xinjay
Xinjay
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Spectre Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:22 am

Nivrithi rolled his eyes, "Cute...regardless, it would make my evening that much more pleasant if I would have that collar back. I can pay you if need be, but I shouldn't have to bribe."

Nivrithi's voice took a more serious tone, "The warning has to do with your travelling companion, what he is that he conveniently hasn't told you. Who he claims to be matters little, who he truly is should warn you of what foul company you find yourself in."
Spectre
Spectre

Back to top Go down

Post  Xinjay Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:33 am

"Why should you care who I choose to make alliances with?" Elwyn didn't know who this guy was or what his background was. She wasn't even truly sure why he was hunting Fyre, though she didn't really want to ask. She figured this guy must be working for someone (the royal family?) who were capturing mages, but for some reason she didn't think that was the whole story.

"And sorry, but I think that collar would do more harm in your hands than good, so I'll be holding onto it."
Xinjay
Xinjay
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Spectre Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:42 am

Nivrithi chuckled softly, "Well, let's not sugarcoat this then, shall we?" he asked rhetorically, dropping down to the floor of the room and standing casually.

"The man's a murderer of men, milady, moreso than even I. While kill because I'm being paid to do it, that mage over there has made a game out of killing guards, soldiers, officials, and essentially anyome with connections to the royal family. The man has over two hundred counts of murdering men in uniform, resisting arrest in at least three towns plus the capitol, twelve cases of arson, and has the highest bounty on his head of any mage in the kingdom. I'm sure he comes across as a nice guy and all, but you're travelling with a man with fewer morals than even I do. Take it from me, if you keep hanging around this guy, note that not only will you inherit his wanted status, but you will also want to ensure he doesn't, *ahem*, 'lose control of his magic' and incinerate you."
Spectre
Spectre

Back to top Go down

Post  Xinjay Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:50 am

Elwyn took a step back when the man entered, unconciously bringing her dagger a little closer to her. But as he talked, her hand dropped again and she looked over at Fyre.

Was that true? She didn't know him for very long, and when she first saw him, she did wonder why he was in a cave by himself. Was he really running away for being a mage, or was he really just a murderer?

"I- I don't really know what to believe," she said outloud, but she didn't really notice.
Xinjay
Xinjay
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Spectre Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:57 am

Nivrithi shrugged, "Believe whatever you will, but keep that dagger of yours close. Take it from an assassin, some folks hardly bat an eyelash to death, or killing those closest to them. Fyre, sadly, is one of them."

Clambering out the window, he added, "Oh, and do try to keep your nose clean out here. No one important wants you dead yet, and I would love for it to stay that way. Good night~." With that, he dropped back down to the street level, already heading back towards where he left Marie.
Spectre
Spectre

Back to top Go down

Post  Xinjay Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:04 am

Elwyn didn't say anything back to him as he left. She stayed there, standing for a while as she thought things over, before finally seeming to come back to reality and shake her head. She closed the window and walked over to her bed, putting her dagger under her pillow like she always did. She slid under the covers, lying on her side facing the window, before reconsidering it and turning onto her other side, so that she could see Fyre on the other side of the room.

She frowned, still not sure who to believe, before shutting her eyes tightly. She knew she wouldn't have to worry about the other mage coming back and killing her in her sleep; that didn't seem like something he would do. And neither did it seem like something Fyre would do.

But then why didn't she want to keep her back to him?

- - -
Xinjay
Xinjay
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Merolg Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:58 am

"Elwyn, if you're still awake, I did hear everything of your conversation with that assassin, I chose not to say anything as I could tell that that wouldn't help much. I'll be brutally honest, I hate killing with a passion, but I do it to defend myself like any person would, sure I have racked up too many deaths, but if the king would be so kind as to leave me alone, I'd be more than happy to live out the rest of my days out of his shadow. But considering what I have stored within me, I have a feeling that won't be a possibility for a very long time."

He gulped at the thought of his next words, "And Elwyn? I would willingly have myself killed to see you safe, I-I care a lot for you. That's why I raised that stone barrier in the cave, I would have hated myself with an eternal passion if you came to harm by my hand." He could feel tears running down his cheek.
Merolg
Merolg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Xinjay Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:28 am

Elwyn stayed silent for a while. When she finally did, her only words were, "I know. Goodnight, Fyre."
Xinjay
Xinjay
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Merolg Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:25 pm

"Good night, Elwyn." He said sadly, thoughts plagued with the morning coming.

***TIME SKIP***

Fyre arose just as the sun was peeking over the horizon, seeing that Elwyn was still asleep, he quickly and quietly got started on his plan.

When he was finished, he raised his hand and a piece of parchment appeared, finding a piece of charcoal, he began to write.

Dear Elwyn
By the time you awake and find this, I will be long gone. I have hurt you too much in the short time that we have known each other for me to be able to stand doing anymore damage. As to where I have gone, I will not say, but if you so choose, you may find me. Please live the life I never could; a happy, quiet, peaceful life.

Concerning our friend, the assassin, if you see him again, tell him that I've given up, if and when he finds me I will tell him all that he wants to know and will go with him to the king to be executed without argument and without struggle. I have grown tired of my run, tired of senselessly killing my fellow man, this is my penance.

I have left two gifts for you in this room, one, on the table, I have left something that I happened upon by chance shortly after I started to run and what little coins I had left, sell what's in the leather bag, they'll serve you better than they could me. And two, under the pillow where I lay my head is a special knife I made myself, the blade will never dull so long as it is in your hands.

I just wish I could do more for you.

Regards,
Octavius Fyre

Fyre destroyed the charcoal, and as he wiped his hands clean, he began to look around the room wondering where he could put the letter so that she would see it. He considered under her pillow, but he dismissed that idea with the argument that she would wake up. Deciding, he placed the letter on the bed that he had lain in.

Walking to the window, he opened it and looked around, no one was there to see him. Climbing out, he dropped to the ground, bruising his knee though he used an air spell to try to cushion his fall, he then began to run, run to the place where it had all started.

He snuck out of the village and into the coming dawn, tears streaming down his face with each stride he took.

((The bag contains a star sapphire, Fyre found it in one of the caves that he had rested in about a week after he started his run.))
Merolg
Merolg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Xinjay Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:27 pm

Elwyn woke up when the sun was just rising, and she groaned as she sat up in bed. She turned to see if Fyre was awake, but paused when she didn't see anyone in the other bed.

"Fyre?" She asked, hoping that maybe he'd fallen onto the floor or something. But after she got up and looked around the room, he was no where to be found. She was just about to go downstairs and check the bar when she saw something on his pillow. A note.

Getting a bad feelings, she quickly snatched it up and opened it, reading through it quickly. Her hands shook a little, and when she reached the end of the note, she cried out in frustration, crumpled up the note and threw it against the wall. What an idiot! She ran over to her things, quickly getting changed and suited up. She grabbed the bag that Fyre left her, strapped the knife to the belt on her thigh, and pocketed the small star sapphire, not really having a chance of looking at it.

What was she going to do? She didn't care so much about him that she wanted to go and search for him, but she still felt like she had to. But then again, she thought about what the mage last night had said, about what he'd done. Who did she believe? She groaned and ran a hand down her face.

Maybe she should seek out that mage. If anything, it would be easier to find Fyre with his help. With a nod of resolve, she left the room to begin her search for the ice mage.
Xinjay
Xinjay
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Merolg Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:39 pm

Fyre soundlessly collapsed in utter exhaustion, physically, mentally and emotionally, looking up he found himself at the base of the path that led into the mountains, among those craggy peaks was the cave where his own personal hell began.

If he was right, the assassin had the help of a Diviner mage and Elwyn would go find the two of them, if that was the case then... He turned his head away and closed his eyes, not wanting to think much more.

Struggling to his feet, he slowly climbed the rocky path, tiredly fighting himself. One part of him wanted to go back and show that he was a powerful sorcerer taught by the last of the Ancients, but another part of him just simply wanted to die and that going back meant that more people would needlessly die. Maybe once he was dead, the king would lift the law; an idle hope, but still a hope.
Merolg
Merolg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Xinjay Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:08 pm

Elwyn gave out a description of the mage that she was looking for to several people around town, and most of them were not helpful, but one pointed her in the direction of another inn. For some reason she thought that someone who crawled through peoples windows at night would probably lurk around in alleys all day, being shifty. But she supposed she was being silly, and an inn was a more likely place to find him.

She head over, wondering how she would find him once she was there.
Xinjay
Xinjay
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Corrupted Kingdom - Page 4 Empty Re: The Corrupted Kingdom

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next